PumpkinEater

Vivotek FD8134V - Length of video clips

Hi all,

I tried to setup motion dectection on a the camera FD8134 in a way, that a video clip is written to SD card when motion was detected. As far as I understood, I have to create a new videoclip in the "Media Settings", and the videoclip can have a maximum duration of 20 sec only.

Problem: when a motion event occurs which s longer than 20 sec, only the first 20 sec are recorded. It seems that a longer motion does not extend the videoclip. The only solution might be to allow a new event already 9 sec after the first event. But I assume that would create a new videoclip.

So, is there a way to record events that are longer than 20 secs?

Peter

Reducing the interval between events is probably the only way to get what you want, but in multiple clips.

Thanks. That's a pity - and I observed that the clips might be smaller than 20 sec depending on image resolution, because than the max 4096 kBytes will limit the clip just to 5 sec. Any idea why Vivotek uses this stupid limitations?

And another question: for each videoclip, a log file is written to the SD card. How can I disable this (I didn't find any configuration for that)?

I don't know if this is an option, but there are several nice software based NVR's that can do a single IP camera for free. You could then record everything and store it for a few days and let the software mark the events.

Thanks. That's a pity - and I observed that the clips might be smaller than 20 sec depending on image resolution, because than the max 4096 kBytes will limit the clip just to 5 sec. Any idea why Vivotek uses this stupid limitations?

And another question: for each videoclip, a log file is written to the SD card. How can I disable this (I didn't find any configuration for that)?

Similar issue for me, all my MJPEG recorded Motion detected videos are only 2sec reagrdless if I set it to 20sec.

If you can hook it up online you will have an unlimited file size to download to. Then you can get much longer than 20 seconds of video and be able to watch it anywhere online. I would recommend checking into this.

If you can hook it up online you will have an unlimited file size to download to. Then you can get much longer than 20 seconds of video and be able to watch it anywhere online. I would recommend checking into this.

Hook it up online? Online to what?

I don't know if this is an option, but there are several nice software based NVR's that can do a single IP camera for free. You could then record everything and store it for a few days and let the software mark the events.

The cameras should come with their own free software.