alpine0000

Is the iOS app out for Avigilon Control Center yet?

They said it would be out by the end of June, and I'm getting excited to see it. I was on their website, and didn't see any mention of it. Maybe it's out and they just haven't updated their website yet? Or, most likely, it's not out yet, as we still have a few more days left in June anyways

Sooo, does anybody know if it's been released yet? If so, have you played with it, and what did you think of it? Can't wait to hear some feedback on it, and hopefully even get to test out their software myself.

Can you say VaporWare?

Last I heard, mid to late July is more likely. I personally hope not since I plan to go the Avigilon route and really need an iPhone app for it.

Can you say VaporWare?

Last I heard, mid to late July is more likely. I personally hope not since I plan to go the Avigilon route and really need an iPhone app for it.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ip-camera-viewer/id402656416?mt=8#

Arecont

Argus Surveillance

Arm Electronics

Asante

ASIP

Asoni

Astak

Avermedia

AvigilonAVIOSYS

AVS

AVTECH

Axis

Basler

Bewan

BiQu

Blue Iris

Bluecherry

BlueJay

BluePix

Have you tried that one? $2.99 is more than I want to spend if it's a generic app with limited functionality. I am hoping Avigilon comes out with one with some decent features.

Thanks for the link.

Does that 3rd party app connect to the ACC server, and have full functionality, or does it just connect straight to each IP camera and just have live-view functionality?

I'm not that big of a fan of 3rd party apps like that. Esp knowing that Avigilon is already developing their own app that will likely rival any 3rd party app, and be able to connect directly to the ACC server.

Thanks for the link.

Does that 3rd party app connect to the ACC server, and have full functionality, or does it just connect straight to each IP camera and just have live-view functionality?

I'm not that big of a fan of 3rd party apps like that. Esp knowing that Avigilon is already developing their own app that will likely rival any 3rd party app, and be able to connect directly to the ACC server.

I can bet that App connect to camera direct only for as u sad live-view functionality

I'm not that big of a fan of 3rd party apps like that.

In general I would agree with you, but the Exacq third party app was better than the Exacq app. It looks great on an iPhone, and fantastic on an iPad. IMO, it was well worth the $49. Exacq bought it and replaced it with their own. I don't think you can purchase the third party app now. The latest release of the Exacq app is pretty good, but I still prefer the third party app.

Esp knowing that Avigilon is already developing their own app that will likely rival any 3rd party app, and be able to connect directly to the ACC server.

July 18.

Best,

Christopher

$2.99 is cheap enough to give it a try. I don't see the Panasonic 502, so I picked a random Panasonic and it seems to work fine inside my LAN. I tried connecting to Exacq and it did not connect. I'll continue to play and see if I can get that to work.

If I wanted to make cameras available outside the LAN and accessible to my dyndns address, what is the recommended port forwarding scheme?

Best,

Christopher

I don't see the Panasonic 502,

i only highlighted the unit that was asked for. it is a new app (only 10 days old) claims to work on 89% of dvr/ip cameras.

i only posted it as it is the only way to get Avigilon onto an iphone at the moment. just gives avigilon customers something to use till they have there own.

Everyone hating on the 3rd party developers

Most make their 3rd party apps because the manufacturers apps are lacking in one way or the other.

And seriously, $2.99? Thats cheaper than a Big Mac. Poor fellow cant be making a living off that ... if it does the job when the manufacturer's own software does not, if even only for a little while, I would think people would be a little more grateful. I mean $2.99 compared to the cost of a Megapixel camera?? Not a fan of Iphone/Ipad devices myself but ... anyway.

I don't have anything against 3rd party developers. I love the things that are often created that have unique functionality.

Looking at this from an Avigilon stand point, it appears to only connect to individual cameras, and only lists Avigilon H.264 cameras.

Nice, now we just need all the back end tools. Thanks AK

One important question is, when the pricing is announced, will it scale down to four camera installs?

Best,

Christopher

Are you talking about the Gateway Server? I know you can get ACC in 4 camera blocks. I believe the Gateway is licensed on a per connected server basis, so if you just have one, you only pay for one. The big question is how much will a single Gateway connection cost.

The big question is how much will a single Gateway connection cost.

Right. It's not clear if there will be one price for the Gateway, or if the Gateway pricing will scale to match a four camera install.

Best,

Christopher

I get the impression it will be the same for a single camera server or fully loaded. I think where the cost goes up, is if your monitoring more than one site. There might be a price break as that number grows.

Given that Avigilon is marketed more for the larger installs, I doubt they have any entry level pricing beyond ACC's two tiers. I do hear there will be an upgrade path should one opt for ACC Standard and later want to step up to Enterprise.

I hope pricing (and products) start flowing soon..

I get the impression it will be the same for a single camera server or fully loaded.

That's my impression too, which means, depending on pricing, it might not be practical for small installs.

Best,

Christopher

Pricing?? Ugg

I was hoping the app would just be free for anybody who is already paying to use Avigilon's ACC, kinda like how exacq app is free to download AND free to use, for anybody who has exacq already set up.

Oh, and this whole thing where Avigilon is recommending using a different server to install the service on that the app will connect to is also not ok with me. I use the same server for exacq's recording service and web service. Avigilon told me that they do not recommend this because of the heavy overhead required to convert the JPEG2000 images to a different format for your iphone So far, between them charging for the app usage, and having to use a different server, I'm not a fan, and I havent even seen the app yet.

Hopefully these things will prove to be non-issues? We'll see.

I was hoping the app would just be free for anybody who is already paying to use Avigilon's ACC, kinda like how exacq app is free to download AND free to use, for anybody who has exacq already set up.

The iPhone and iPad apps are free (you can download them now), but it's my understanding the Gateway will be licensed.

Best,

Christopher

Since ACC is pretty easy on system resources, I doubt they wanted to put transcoding into the mix. Also, the legacy hardware would also need to work. This is why they came out with the Gateway. It's probably built to work with all their systems, and will be required to be on a separate server so it can have all the resources it needs.

It will be interesting to see what the system requirements are for it.

I agree that a free mobile app would have been much nicer. Lets hope it's so cool no one complains.

I use the same server for exacq's recording service and web service.

FWIW, the Exacq web server is not pre-installed on Exacq's smaller embedded NVR to minimize the load, and Exacq recommends installing the web server on a separate box, though many customers do install the web server and run it on the same box. It will likely be the same for Avigilon. Sites with only a few cameras will likely be fine running everything on a single box, but that's just a guess at this point.

It's somewhat similar for the Avigilon recommended systems. The Intel Atom is not listed, though ACC reportedly runs fine on an Atom with a modest number of cameras.

Best,

Christopher