sommere

360 degree cameras and milestone

We are looking to add several 360 degree cameras to our milestone system.

So far we've been using exclusively Axis cameras (I think we have about 90 so far), and have been happy with them, but their virtual PTZ camera looks pretty weak in comparison to some others.

I looked at mobotix and Arecont's offerings and am currently leaning towards Arecont (but would love it if it were smaller...)

Does anyone have any experience with Arecont's 360 cameras? How are they? Would you recommend something else?

We are looking to add several 360 degree cameras to our milestone system.

So far we've been using exclusively Axis cameras (I think we have about 90 so far), and have been happy with them, but their virtual PTZ camera looks pretty weak in comparison to some others.

I looked at mobotix and Arecont's offerings and am currently leaning towards Arecont (but would love it if it were smaller...)

Does anyone have any experience with Arecont's 360 cameras? How are they? Would you recommend something else?

The mobotix and aercont 360 cameras are completely different designs from eachother. The aercont uses 4 idividule sensors with 45 degree lenses to give a 180 degree view as the mobotix uses a single sensor with a 180 degree lens. Both have there advantages and disadvantages

Mobotix

*Single stream

*Easy setup

*VMS has to support dewarping inorder to make image usable for viewing

Arecont

*Multiple streams (Sometimes VMS requires multiple licenses)

*Larger Megapixel count due to multiple sensors)

*Harder to setup dude to each sensor needs to be adjusted

*No dewarping required

*Large in size due to multiple sensors

The arecont is not my favorite camera. I find there cameras to be very basic with very basic settings. The cameras do not offer any on board storage or digital inputs of outputs. They can also be very hard to focus.

If you are looking for a decent 360 camera Vivotek has a new 360 3MP camera coming to market right away. The other option is you can use any box camera with an ImmerVision Lens.

the VIVOTEK FE8171V is a very good camera for the money. been out in the uk for a few months now and selling well.

VIVOTEK_FE8171V_10X10-1.jpg

fisheye domes, the FE8171V is the first fisheye fixed dome network camera from Vivotek, featuring 3 megapixel resolution.

Equipped with a fisheye lens for 180 degree panoramic view (wall mount) or 360 degree surround view (ceiling/floor/table mount) without blind spots, this camera is able to provide an 8X wider field of view than a standard VGA camera, significantly reducing the need for multiple camera installations, Vivotek claims.

It is suitable for monitoring open areas such as airports, shopping malls, parking lots, retail stores, offices, and much more.

The FE8171V offers a variety of display layouts, including original surround view, panoramic views, and regional views for various mounting applications. Hemispherical images captured from the fisheye camera can be converted into conventional rectilinear projection for viewing and analysis.

And in the panoramic and regional viewing modes, users can utilize the ultra-smooth ePTZ function to easily zoom in and focus on a region of interest (ROI).

The FE8171V features a removable IR-cut filter, and its IP67-rated housing is designed to help the camera body withstand rain and dust and ensures operation under harsh weather conditions. It also features vandal-proof IK10-rated housing

the VIVOTEK FE8171V is a very good camera for the money. been out in the uk for a few months now and selling well.

VIVOTEK_FE8171V_10X10-1.jpg

fisheye domes, the FE8171V is the first fisheye fixed dome network camera from Vivotek, featuring 3 megapixel resolution.

Equipped with a fisheye lens for 180 degree panoramic view (wall mount) or 360 degree surround view (ceiling/floor/table mount) without blind spots, this camera is able to provide an 8X wider field of view than a standard VGA camera, significantly reducing the need for multiple camera installations, Vivotek claims.

It is suitable for monitoring open areas such as airports, shopping malls, parking lots, retail stores, offices, and much more.

The FE8171V offers a variety of display layouts, including original surround view, panoramic views, and regional views for various mounting applications. Hemispherical images captured from the fisheye camera can be converted into conventional rectilinear projection for viewing and analysis.

And in the panoramic and regional viewing modes, users can utilize the ultra-smooth ePTZ function to easily zoom in and focus on a region of interest (ROI).

The FE8171V features a removable IR-cut filter, and its IP67-rated housing is designed to help the camera body withstand rain and dust and ensures operation under harsh weather conditions. It also features vandal-proof IK10-rated housing

I love it how rarely MP camera manufacturers show low light / night time video samples.

http://www.vivotek.com/downloads/downloads.php?kind=videoclips

The videos are here.

**EDIT** I fail at BB code.

yeah but they still dont show any regular low light/night time apps.

in one video it just shows i need to add a seperate $500 IR to barely accomplish the visibility of a non MP camera without IR that does it for 1/10th the cost.

But they arent alone, rarely do CCTV camera manufacturers show theirs at night either, but then rarely do they even show them in the daytime also, as every application differs and one might expect theirs to look the same.

Really, and this goes for ALL manufacturers, do they magically think crime happens more in the day than at night?? or that everyone wants to blast their area with IR or visible light or make the video slower than it already is to accomplish even the basics...

a Bump on this one, any of you guys able to show screen shots of shared views with all angles of the 360 degree de-warped? what the cheapest 5mp solution that does this, are you guys still playing with this?

I don't want any of our managers to have to play with the fake 360 degree PTZ stuff?