Marky48170

IR reflection ?????

I have a SONY CCD EFFIO-E 700TVL 2.8~12mm Camera Wide Angle and @ night with the IR's on, there is a ring that shows up. Is that because the IR is reflecting off the lens ring? The night pic isn't that good because its raining. Also I can see the IR's glowing red and my other cameras I can't even see them unless I take a digital picture then the show up as a blueish light.

192168166_1_20110728_174104-1.jpg

192168166_1_20110728_174324-1.jpg

Make sure the lens is as close to the front cover as it can be without the actual lens glass touching. Make sure if it uses a rubber ring and not a separate compartment for the IR that the ring is tight up against the glass. Its possible it IS tight against the glass and the camera is as far forward as it can go, but you might just have to zoom it in a little more.

BTW, the camera looks like a Color IR camera, not a TDN with IR cutfilter, hence the washed out colors in the day.

The ring extends beyond the IR's. The IR's are behind the lens. It's like this camera thats on youtube.

I'm all new this this. Thanks

Try zooming your lens in as rory said just a tad.

I dont know why your picture looks so washed out during the day. I have dealt with a few cameras with effio chips in them and even without IR cut it produces a nice colorful picture, you may try checking your color settings on your DVR, perhaps lower the brightness and upper the saturation.

The IR's glowing red is normal. Different cameras will have different strengths and more IR leds hence the differences in redness intensity.

Well I made more adjustments, looks alittle better than before. Not so washed out but then again its overcast outside.

Between the camera and the DVR color adjustment this could drive you crazy

192168166_1_20110806_163000-1.jpg

Cool. Do you have your DVR set to the highest resolution and quality settings. The image appears a little "un-sharp" Also, you may want to check if your lens is fully focused too. I think you can get a sharper image with that camera. Of course you can also turn up the sharpness settings with that camera too but make sure your DVR is recording on the highest pixel size (d1) and make sure it is at its highest quality setting (bit rate). Check your lens too.

If your DVR has a 'quality' setting, I would turn it up, if not to the max. As others said, refocus maybe?

If you are unsure about settings in the camera or on the DVR, just go ahead and set them to default. Much easier to figure out whats wrong.

IR LEDs glowing red is completely normal - your eyes can only pick up the very bottom end of the spectrum they LEDs are putting out, as IR is above red.

If you can't see the dim red on your other cameras, either the IR is broken, the output is dim, or (most likely) - they are using covert IR (completely invisible to humans).

You said this is an Effio-E? Funny, in that other thread we were comparing an Effio-P to a Monalisa - by this example, the CNBs blow these away! This doesn't appear to be TDN - colors are washed out during the day (shows that no IR filter is put in place during the day).

I am testing some cameras with the Effio-E chip in them right now and I can attest that he can get a better quality image than what he currently has so that is why I recommended him to check his DVR settings. The Sony Effio-E's are just as comparable to the Monalisa's in my opinion if not a little better in some aspects. I am going to do a side by side comparison soon.

The ring extends beyond the IR's. The IR's are behind the lens. It's like this camera thats on youtube.

Is this mounted outside or inside through a glass window?

I am testing some cameras with the Effio-E chip in them right now and I can attest that he can get a better quality image than what he currently has so that is why I recommended him to check his DVR settings. The Sony Effio-E's are just as comparable to the Monalisa's in my opinion if not a little better in some aspects. I am going to do a side by side comparison soon.

Cool, that will be great to see!

just because it has the same named chip doesnt mean its the same, for example there are several versions of the exview chip and they vary in price from cheap to expensive. Then there are the camera features which vary also depending on the price of the camera.

just because it has the same named chip doesnt mean its the same

I agree but I'll bet he can still get a better image than what he has.

I agree but I'll bet he can still get a better image than what he has.

Yep he probably can ... unfortunately cameras are rarely optimal right out of the box, takes some tweaking for day night apps even with the most expensive cameras

Did you ever get a chance to do your testing?

no not yet. I just posted that yesterday. I will have to take down my BBM-24F and bring it right next to some prototype cameras that we ordered that have the effio-e chip. I am going to make a 4 camera testing station so I can test the cameras side by side in the same locations. All 4 of the cameras are going to be mounted to a board and I am going to try to make it portable so I can move the camera station in different scenarios. I have it somewhat thought out in my head, its just getting those thoughts into materialization is what is difficult for me as I am not mechanically inclined on such things.

Well he got his company PLUG in via the YouTube link so he's gone now... Pretty Slick... I would now make a motion to the mods to have the youtube link removed...

What say you?

Mini