Sign in to follow this  
designsystem

ISP port blocking UK

Is it possible that BT can block ports? after having changing the router which portforwards else where it seems so, anyone in the UK ever experience this?

Is it possible that BT can block ports? after having changing the router which portforwards else where it seems so, anyone in the UK ever experience this?

hi. designsystem. if you have changed your router . did you re-add the ports to the new one. and also if you have moved from the standard BT internet to the new high speed (the new hub) then your external ip will also have changed

Hi Tom

I've just had the tech guy from BT try set it up remotely for the BT home hub3 the router that came with the isp package and he opened up ever port in the router for the dvr and it didn't work,

I have tried a tp-link and a netgear router which both work on my dvr "which is the same" at home when set up for port forwarding but when brought out to the site they won't portforward.

It has to be BT does it not?

I know how to port forward sure a said am port forwarding both routers at home with my own dvr no problem,

am starting to get a bit confused .......... in your first post you asked bt to open all ports ........... this will not help you (they will just open all known gamming ports).

and if you are using the BT 3 hub (a customers) do not change it for anything else (you cant use the new high speed without it) it is part of the fon network.

the BT hub 3 virus detection is done in the hub so you need to go into advanced settings to allow the port and the DVR ip.

Yeah the tech guy opened all the ports from 1-65000 and tried everything to open ports, he was able to take over the computer remotely...

not sure now if he went into firewalls setting that you mention, will def have a look to see,

I thought some how that the ports are blocked or something in bt end is not allowing ports to open in the local end, its strange cause am trying 2 other routers at home they work though am on talk talk and out in this house on bt which the guy specifically put in for his cctv to look on remotely when his alarm system rang him after an activation neither routers nor the hub3 opens ports on port a port test

I can view the dvr locally np

Hi. the BT3 hub is easy to set-up.

on his pc in programmes you will see Hub manager. click on that and a window will open. then at the top in the middle you will see settings. click that and you will get a screen asking for a password. on the hub you have a pull out chip. pull it out and you will find the password under admin password i.e 8 capital letters.

(ignor port forwarding) that you will see and click on advanced settings. you will see a button on the left asking to Continue to advanced settings. then click port forwarding and just below that button you will see supported applications. click on that . then click add new game application.

game application name ENTER cctv

copy an existing game application TICK no

protocol TICK any

port range fill both windows with your port number (same as on DVR) dont use port 80

translate too ENTER your ports again

then click ADD then apply

then shut page.

Tom your a super star, cant thnak u enough for that bit of info did what you says, and assigned the rules to the dvr in device or search device, and bingo ports 8181 and 37777 opened like the gates of heaven on a stormy night

wander why the tp-link and the netgear didn't port forward but them sure i couldn't make the hub work either

anyway its perfect now he keeps his home hub as his router and gets to see his cameras when his burglar rings him when he's working in russia

cheers

Hi glad it all turned out. the new BT 3 hub is a very good device not just a router.

your customer need to learn his hub. you only need 1 isp account (his home) this means he does not have to pay for data time on a mobile like iphone / android or even a laptop with wifi.

with having BT 3 hub he has free worldwide network he just logs onto hotspot or BT fon with his home password.