Florg

Software POS Integration - USB Dongle?

Hi all,

I'm replacing our existing DVR with a 1480 based system and just need to confirm a few things regarding POS integration.

Our POS software (Epicor, formerly Activant) supports integration with DVR's via it's own software when provided with an IP address and port number. Will this interface with Geovision okay?

I assume a USB dongle is required with an appropriate amount of licenses? Geovision's website doesn't specify any particular part numbers, anybody have them handy? Finally, most retailers stock the cards but not the dongles. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Brett

Not sure about how they would go about integrating by getting an IP. What I did on a recent install was used GeoVisions POS integration box. This box goes between the POS terminal and the printer. It basically "reads" the data sent to the POS printer and sends it (either via network or RS232/485) back to the geovision I/O card (or if the network module, over the network). Then within geovision you can tell it which camera to overlay the text onto.

So when the printer prints things, it overlays it on the camera. Works good to record transactions and whatevers on the printout, shows up on the overlay

Not sure about how they would go about integrating by getting an IP. What I did on a recent install was used GeoVisions POS integration box. This box goes between the POS terminal and the printer. It basically "reads" the data sent to the POS printer and sends it (either via network or RS232/485) back to the geovision I/O card (or if the network module, over the network). Then within geovision you can tell it which camera to overlay the text onto.

So when the printer prints things, it overlays it on the camera. Works good to record transactions and whatevers on the printout, shows up on the overlay

We used to be able to do that, but we upgraded our printers to USB and what we had only worked with serial ports. Geovision does support TCP/IP POS Integration with the POS Text Sender but I've found limitations with it. Specifically, it only supports one log file whereas our POS system has 31 log files, one for each day of the month.

I'll see what I can find out with Geovision in the next few days hopefully.

Thanks everybody!

Geovision does support TCP/IP POS Integration with the POS Text Sender but I've found limitations with it. Specifically, it only supports one log file whereas our POS system has 31 log files, one for each day of the month

hi. using TCP you can still get more than 31days of files. if you wanted you could get the geo to write pos files to and external drive. just remember to untick delete pos data after so many days on your geo

Tom,

I should've clarified. Our POS system creates 31 log files of receipt data. From what I've experienced so far, the POS Text Sender can only "grab" from one log file on the POS terminal.

Looking around on the POS system, I haven't been able to find an option to consolidate the log file to one file.

I'm also running Activant (epicor) and was going to try a Data capture card as well. I'll be intrested in what you find out with the usb printers.

Geovision does support TCP/IP POS Integration

i think we are getting comfused as to which method you are using to connect.

i was talking of the TCP method which is done via your LAN. to which you dont use the pos box.