I'm trying to setup my kodicom webdvr! But there's a problem, i DON'T know where to start. There's no manual or guidelines to it. Can anyone here help me through.

Please help, thanks

Is it a PC Card, if so you need to set an IP for the PC, if sharing the internet connection, and also would need a Router. You would also set up a port forward in the router to forward to that IP so you can connect remotely.

Not sure on the DVR card set up but you may have to start the web server or http (browser) server manually, or at least set up user access for it.

Let us know more .. if you havent already got it figured out.

There are a couple members on here that support Kodicom or have used it, they may jump in.

Rory

I have tried the webdvr thru the local network it works fine. However when i try to connect via internect it shows "webdvr - connection fails" follows by "network fails".

I'm using free No-Ip. It there anything related to port forwarding? Currently i'm using 8080 for private port and 8081 for public port.

Or is there any other settings required to patch it to webdvr?

Please help.

are you using a router? most routers use port 8080, if you can change the port to 80 to load it direct in IE, or 81 just have to put :81 after the IP/Name. Also would have to port forward that. Either way, if you have a router you have to port forward to access it from outside.

You should verify that the ports are opened on both the router and any software firewall you may have on the client machine, Also on the host machine you should verify that the program isn't being blocked from the internet

Doug

I still having problems to get the Kodicom webdvr online via internet. I used the D-link 704P router. I been port forwarding for 8080 for private port and 8081 for public port but still can't get thru.

It shows connection failed and network fail.

Please help.

Hey, I had the exact same problem, here is what I did to fix it.

first get your router IP like on mine its 192.168.1.1 then I entered default manufacturer password. then I clicked on "application & gaming" from there I clicked on "Port Range Forwarding" under application, put any name start 8080 to 8090 end select TCP put in the ip of your dvr select enabled then do that on the next line but start 3001 to 3005 end everything else the same. , then still under applications & gaming select "UPnP forwarding" find application HTTP ext port is 80 TCP for INT Port put 80 put in the dvr's IP address select enabled. thats exactly what I did and now it works.

Can you ping both of the pc's?

Example:

DVR. Goto COMMAND PROMPT (START->ALL PROG->ACCES)

type IPCONFIG then enter.

The IP address is then shown, write it down.

Goto your remote PC,

Goto COMMAND PROMPT (START->ALL PROG->ACCES)

type in:

PING xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx being the IP address you wrote down in the previous step).

If you get "request timed out" then you have a network/firewall problem and nothing will get the webDVR working.

If you get "reply from xxx.xxx.xxetc" then your network is configured ok and should work.

Also read this post...

"Anykeeper 2016 card - 4 Remote IE, What S/W are required?" as I have replied here and is related.

Good luck,

Matt

Hey, I had the exact same problem, here is what I did to fix it.

first get your router IP like on mine its 192.168.1.1 then I entered default manufacturer password. then I clicked on "application & gaming" from there I clicked on "Port Range Forwarding" under application, put any name start 8080 to 8090 end select TCP put in the ip of your dvr select enabled then do that on the next line but start 3001 to 3005 end everything else the same. , then still under applications & gaming select "UPnP forwarding" find application HTTP ext port is 80 TCP for INT Port put 80 put in the dvr's IP address select enabled. thats exactly what I did and now it works.

i am facing the same problem. from the system setup, i can see that the software has default 9 ports being assigned for network and thus i port forward thiese ports to the server ip in my router(port 8080,8081,8082,8083,8085,8090,3001,3005,6911)...using no-ip for ip redirect to url...but at the end still can't do the remote viewing tru IE. what 's the problem. Pls help, thanks.

I am using it through the LAN with no router or firewall, only a HUB. I get the page, I enter the site code and the passwod I install the plugin and I get the message

"Network - failed"

I am using it through the LAN with no router or firewall, only a HUB. I get the page, I enter the site code and the passwod I install the plugin and I get the message

"Network - failed"

No ONE will answer to this quiestion ??????????

becouse I have same problem

I have router connected to DVR

DVR IP is 192.168.1.5

in router port 80 is forwarded to 192.168.1.5

when in brouse from other network i go to Router internet Ip - Opening DVR web . but when I enter Sitecode and cms prt - it write NETWORK - FAIL

what is the problem???

"Network - failed"

Did you buy this DVR or did you build it yourself.

If you bought it call the company that you bought it from.

YOUR ISP MIGHT ALSO BLOCK PORT 80 ON THE INTERNET AS THEIR NO SERVERS POLICY.

1. You need a router to do portfowarding a hub will work local but not from the internet.

2. Building a network is not as easy as going to walmart buying a linksys router and hooking up a home pc to surf the internet. With all the information that has been posted in this thread and you still have problems I think you might need to go to the book store and buy books on networking and routing or hire a pro to setup your system.

"Network - failed"

No ONE will answer to this quiestion ??????????

becouse I have same problem

I have router connected to DVR

DVR IP is 192.168.1.5

in router port 80 is forwarded to 192.168.1.5

when in brouse from other network i go to Router internet Ip - Opening DVR web . but when I enter Sitecode and cms prt - it write NETWORK - FAIL

what is the problem???

NEW GUY here:

As stated above, you will need a small configuration in your router to allow some ports through. Feel free to pm me for more info.

Do you have your DVR set with a static IP or did it just pop up with that IP address once?

Also, be sure the Windows Firewall isn't on. That is one most people don't check since it comes from XP on by default.

Do you have your DVR set with a static IP or did it just pop up with that IP address once?

Also, be sure the Windows Firewall isn't on. That is one most people don't check since it comes from XP on by default.

its using static IP. firewall isn't on too

And you have EVERYTHING set up the same? Static internal, static external, forwarded port 80 to the internal IP within the router setup?

And you have EVERYTHING set up the same? Static internal, static external, forwarded port 80 to the internal IP within the router setup?

yes

using windows xp

1. check ur web server: open internet explorer in ur pc that host ur DVR card, login and see if u can view the cameras

2.if 1 is good then connect ur host pc to hub/switch( i'd rather choose switch),

then plug ur client pc too, disable all firewall (not recommended) in both pc, and then open host pc ipaddress in clients pcs internet explorer, login and u will see the cameras

3.plug ur router for internet access to the hub or switch, configure the DMZ of ur router(not recommended) the ip address of ur host pc, and setting (see ps's), make sure your host pc can open internet (try googling), and done. to test that u can see ur host pc by internet, open internet explorer with other connection(not in same connection with ur host pc) eg: try in ur home of other office. type ur router PUBLIC ip address (not like in LAN) in ie and very done.

ps : make sure u are (host pc,client pc,router) in thes same subnet

ps : make sure u give the gateway and dns in cliend and host pc is the ip address of ur router

I'm trying to setup my kodicom webdvr! But there's a problem, i DON'T know where to start. There's no manual or guidelines to it. Can anyone here help me through.

Please help, thanks

Same problem here, the link u posted doesn't work, pls tell us step by step how to setup this KMC4400R card to view over the internet

Thanks

i've post the solution.

i've numbering the solution step, could u tell me what step number that don't work for u?

this is the prerequisites:

for step 1.

u know how to set the web server,

u know how to set the web site for viewing ur cameras

If you can access the website from outside your LAN but you get webfail and networkfail. open all ports in software settings on your PC. the default is 8081-8085, 6911 and others, just check. this software NEEDS port 8080.

The remote admin port of most routers is 8080 so there will be conflict. Even if you are not using it for remote admin. you will have to assign some other port for the router's remote admin and portforward 8080 to your PC.

If this doesn't work, your router has routing rules in it. clear the rules affecting you out.

1-Router port forwarding 80, 8080 through 8090

Recommended settings is to port forward those ports to the DVR and its also to recommended to put a static internal IP on the DVR just in case.

always pay attention to the Router Remote Management Port (can't be 80,8080-8090)

in some scenarios using DMZ as a final resort "not recommended"

2-Software Firewall on the DVR

Kodicom software automatically adds the exceptions in the firewall settings, you only need to allow the H T T P port.

3-ISP Port blockage "Which has always been tricky part"

Always Google your ISP for Blocked ports. if thats the case then few steps has to be taken to work around that.

I have gotten WebDVR to work on at least 200 DVRs all around the 50 States on all kinds of different ISPs.

Let me know if this is your case, so I can better help you.

Zach