Nodon

Qvis apollo question

I have been looking at the apollo dvr with the 500gb hard drive and was wondering how long the record time would be if it was set to record for eight hours daily or vs only when the camera senses motion? Im just trying to get an upgrade from my vcr recorder. I think I read that you can get an additional storage drive that will hook up to the dvr when the hard drive is full. My plans are to buy one camera to start out with. I have a small house and have no need for eight or sixteen cameras. Thanks

4 cameras with 500GB approx 2 weeks give or take @ the default 7fps continuous record, depends on the quality of the cameras, lower quality or BW means a smaller image size and therefor longer recording, 24/7 color would take up more space than 12 hours color and 12 hours BW ... just an example. If you set a couple cameras to motion only then that could also increase the length of recording.

BTW you can get them with 2TB drives also.

Where would be a good place to find the dvr with the 2tb hd and what would be a good camera to buy for a front porch. It is in the shade till noon and in the sun till 7:00 in the evening. Thanks for the help. Don

PM sent about the DVR.

Camera, how dark is it at night?

If the area is small could just use a cheap color ir, if not then look at something like the CNB VCM-24VF then add IR if needed - or they also sell IR versions, but not as good in my testing as a non IR TDN camera with separate IR.

a bit off topic rory but i saw this note on one of the spec sheets

Note:

32 channel video inputs, 16 channel audio inputs and 1 channel matrix output.

The 1st, 9th, 17th and 25th video channels can support max D1(4CIF) realtime

recording and other channels can support CIF realtime recording.

It can support VGA, HDMI, eSATA, USB2.0 and 8 HDDs

do you know why it is 1,9,17, & 25 channels that support D1? does each of those channels start a new hardware array or something?

i've never seen a dvr advertised like that before.

They all support D1 @ 7fps each channel, but only some channels support D1 @ 30fps while the remaining channels must be CIF. Why those channels? Im not sure but I imagine it has something to do with the start of the boards/chips they use, like its channel 1 with the 8 channel, its channel 1 and 9 with the 16 channel, etc.

I found the Zuesmk2 dvr and see that it does not have the hdmi output or rs-232 connection? What does that mean, is it something that is needed? Ok, I see that hdmi is where you connect to a tv, does that mean you can not connect to a monitor? Sorry for all the questions.

I found the Zuesmk2 dvr and see that it does not have the hdmi output or rs-232 connection? What does that mean, is it something that is needed? Ok, I see that hdmi is where you connect to a tv, does that mean you can not connect to a monitor? Sorry for all the questions.

hi yes you can still attach to a TV or pc monitor. and the rs232 has been removed. but you still have rs485 for PTZ control.

the zues lite is just a basic unit still 25fps @cif or 6 fps @D1

When comparing the 4 channel versions: The ZuesMK2 is similar to the Apollo HD, but the differences are:

- ZuesMK2 does not have HDMI, the Apollo HD does

- ZuesMK2 does not have RS-232, the Apollo HD does (you will probably never use the RS-232)

- The ZuesMK2 only has 1 Alarm Relay output, the Apollo HD has 3 Alarm Relay Outputs

- The ZuesMK2 has 2 audio inputs, the Apollo HD has 4

All other specs are essentially the same.

Thats their budget DVR.

VGA and Composite output only, no HDMI.

Less audio channels.

Different firmware from the HDMI models (looks the same though).

These DVRs are commonly used by consumer brands like Q-See.

edit .

(no D1 @ 30fps on certain channels)

Actually its just like the Apollo HD in which you can do D1 at 30 FPS on channel 1 as long as the other 3 channels are CIF.

I like this feature because alot of people are looking just for a single camera system and this gives them the option to do full D1 on one channel if they wish. Of course they usually end up getting more cameras in which it is best to do all channels D1 7 FPS

(no D1 @ 30fps on certain channels)

Actually its just like the Apollo HD in which you can do D1 at 30 FPS on channel 1 as long as the other 3 channels are CIF.

I like this feature because alot of people are looking just for a single camera system and this gives them the option to do full D1 on one channel if they wish. Of course they usually end up getting more cameras in which it is best to do all channels D1 7 FPS

Hmmm .. just rechecked Dahua's site and you are correct.

Dont know where I got that from

Oh yeah its because Dahua only mentions it in the features for the budget one:

Each channel at CIF or 6/7fps at D1 recording

While the HDMI features mentions:

Each channel at CIF and special channel at D1 recording

BUT the specs and overview say it does the special D1 channels.

my bad ...

two zeusmk2lites.

Zeus MK2 Lite. ..... has PTZ and only does D1 on all 4 @7fps (cant alter)

Zeus MK2 Lite D1...... has no ptz or rs232 and can do D1 @30 fps on channel 1 only 7fps on rest or cif.

both on old software.

then you have the Zeus 4/8/18

to be honest the lites need to be scrapped. to go for the apollo there is not much in price

BUT the specs and overview say it does the special D1 channels.

my bad ...

No big thang but a chicken wang. Reading Dahua specs is sometimes like reading greek. As good as a DVR they make and as much money as they make, you would think they would hire a very fluent english speaking person to write their manuals. Hmmmm, perhaps we should approach them.

two zeusmk2lites.

Zeus MK2 Lite. ..... has PTZ and only does D1 on all 4 @7fps (cant alter)

Zeus MK2 Lite D1.

Well its confusing how they have them named to be honest. I think they need to distinguish them better by renaming them Their is the Zues Lite and the ZuesMK2. The Zues lite doesnt have PTZ or alarms. The ZuesMK2 does. They do need to scrap the Zues Lite as the ZuesMK2 is a few dollars more than the ZuesLite. Only reason we carry the ZuesMK2 are for folks who are looking for a very basic system or a single cam system.

It goes in this order: Zues Lite - ZuesMK2 - Apollo HD

But all of the Apollo HD's and Zues Lite and ZuesMK2 have the option to do D1 30 FPS on channel 1 while other channels are CIF.

Edited by Guest

Im basing my specs off the 4 channel AS and AN from Dahua

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/product_det.aspx?ID=521&p=cpyzc&p_kind=3&c_kind=262&c_kind2=&c_kind3=

Only differences they list between the AS and AN are:

AS has Alarm, AN does not.

AS has PTZ, AN does not.

Both show:

Channel 1: D1/CIF/QCIF (1~25/30fps);

Channel 2~4: CIF/QCIF (1~25/30fps), D1 (1~6/7fps)

Or from their overview:

AS: 4 channel video inputs and 2 channel audio inputs. The 1st video channel can support max D1(4CIF) realtime recording and other channels can support CIF realtime recording. It can support TV, VGA and USB2.0.

AN: same with DVR0404LE-AS, but without RS485 and alarm inputs/ouputs.

The budget 8 and 16 channel on the other hand only list it with D1 @ 7fps (and 2CIF in the 16)

These 2 are also called an AS but are separated from the 4 channel.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/product_det.aspx?ID=611&p=cpyzc&p_kind=3&c_kind=262&c_kind2=&c_kind3=

Ofcourse the manufacturer specs could be wrong also.

Only differences they list between the AS and AN are:

AS has Alarm, AN does not.

AS has PTZ, AN does not.

The specs are correct.

AN = ZuesLite

AS = ZuesMK2

Edit. so the Zeus is the 8/16 AS ... sounds logical now

Notice it is the 8/16 AS that does not do D1 @ 30fps on any channels.

Thats where my confusion came in, they are literally different DVRs

I had the 8 channel AS here for a week, I think thats where I noticed it didnt do D1 30fps on channel 1.

I installed 2 of the 4 channel AS when I first started using these DVRs but never checked that part of it.

So ... I agree the HD model is better ... though if a user is upgrading from a VCR or some other old cheap DVR and want to save some money the Zues would be fine. I did notice the live and recorded video quality was slightly lower than the HD Model though, but still tons better than the AvTech I had before.

I did notice the live and recorded video quality was slightly lower than the HD Model though

Yes I agree. The motherboard on the Apollo HD is physically bigger. I am sure that has something to do with it. Most people probably woudlnt recognize the quality difference but I can. The Zues's are still a good DVR, but Apollo HD's are better.

I did notice the live and recorded video quality was slightly lower than the HD Model though

Yes I agree. The motherboard on the Apollo HD is physically bigger. I am sure that has something to do with it. Most people probably woudlnt recognize the quality difference but I can. The Zues's are still a good DVR, but Apollo HD's are better.

Trust me if they step up from an AvTech Mpeg4 DVR like I had (cant speak for the other models) or an Argus or Apasonic DVR (which I also tested), the quality is considerably better with the Zeus and loaded with many more features, its like a whole different world. But yes I would always suggest the HD model if they can afford it.

I'm going to go with the apollo dvr, thanks for the help. I could change it out if I needed to.

How many times can a hard drive be written over without giving problems?

I need to find out what camera to start out with. I live in northeast MS where the weather is hot and humid in the summer and mostly mild winters.The cnd vcm24vf looks like a good one. Would I need one with a heater? How much heat can a camera stand? On my back porch it gets well over a hundred degrees in the summer.

I have a shop and garage about thirty yards from the back of my house, was thinking about putting the dvr in the shop and mounting the camera under the garage pointed toward the house. If I did that I could probably not use the internet feature. May not could use it anyway, I have dsl lite from att.

I think I would want the camera to be able to be motion only. Rory said that would increase my recording time.

Thanks for all the help, I am anxious to get started on this since my vcr quit working and have no security working.