xico1984

Maximum Recording up to 704x480, watching more than 704x480?

Hi!

I was looking for hours... about this question, and nothing in cctvforum or in google

Some one knows it? I am planning to buy a 700TVL sony camera (1020(H)×596(V) PAL), but... i don't know if some DVR that can record up to 704x480, can play (in the air - Web utility - RTSP - Quicktime - Java ) videos with a bigger resolution. In this case, 1020×596.

Thank you!!

PD: Play =>Obviously not mean playing recorded videos.

Some data

Camera

Weatherproof IR Camera

SONY Colour CCD ICX673AKA

http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/cx_news/vol61/pdf/cxd4127_4816gg.pdf

42 x 5mm diameter Infra Red LED

IR Distance:40-45m

External lens adjusting, DC12V

Lens: 2.8-10mm Manual Zoom Lens

CCpix 17703-Z3B

Horizontal Resolution 700TV Lines Low Illumination

Sony ExView HAD II CCD with Sony Effio-E DSP

Usable Illumination 0.001Lux/F2.0

TV System PAL

IR LED ¢5 X42 PCS

IR Series Distance 40-45m

Lens 2.8-10mm Manual Zoom Lens

Sync System Internal

IR Status Under 10 Lux By CDS

Usable Illumination 0 Lux/F2.0 (LED ON)

IR Power On CDS Auto Control

S/N Ratio ≥54dB (AGC OFF)

Gamma Correction 0.45

Video Out Composite Signal (1.0Vp-p, 75Ω)

DVR

Avtech AVC 798 /

Maximum Recording Rate Frame 704×480 pixels with 120 IPS / 704×576 pixels with 100 IPS

Field 704x240 pixels with 240 IPS / 704×288 pixels with 200 IPS

CIF 352×240 pixels with 480 IPS / 352×288 pixels with 400 IPS

KPD 679

Maximum Recording Rate Frame 704Ã480 pixels with 60 IPS / 704Ã576 pixels with 50 IPS

Field 704x240 pixels with 120 IPS / 704Ã288 pixels with 100 IPS

CIF 352Ã240 pixels with 240 IPS / 352Ã288 pixels with 200 IPS

Yes that is the only thing about the new Effio-E cameras, on pretty much most DVR's that are currently out in the market, you will not be able to utilize the super high resolution for that camera. With most DVR, the max TV lines that will be recorded is 550 TVL and a pixel count of 704x480 or 720x480. Apparently, Dahua is making a DVR that can utilize and recognize the full high resolution qualities of these cameras but to be honest, I am not real sure how it works, anxious to see though.

With that being said, the Effio-E is still a great chip and there is alot more qualities that are good about it other than its high resolution.

Three things to keep in mind:

1. "TV Lines" is a nebulous spec at best, even when manufacturers AREN'T making up numbers for it - don't get too hung up on it.

2. NTSC video itself is limited to 525 vertical lines (625 for PAL). There's no getting around this *standard* without moving into true high-def standards, or IP.

3. There isn't a direct correlation between sampling resolution and "TV Lines", so again, don't get too hung up on it.

At most, think of it as weakest-link theory, and if your camera has higher resolution that the video standard supports, then the camera won't be your weakest link for image clarity.

Yes that is the only thing about the new Effio-E cameras, on pretty much most DVR's that are currently out in the market, you will not be able to utilize the super high resolution for that camera. With most DVR, the max TV lines that will be recorded is 550 TVL and a pixel count of 704x480 or 720x480. Apparently, Dahua is making a DVR that can utilize and recognize the full high resolution qualities of these cameras but to be honest, I am not real sure how it works, anxious to see though.

Sean, I have idea

why don't we create CCTV Forum test chart, very simple to use

and then everybody can post their results

I kinda start to make my self and almost done for basic test

Three things to keep in mind:

1. "TV Lines" is a nebulous spec at best, even when manufacturers AREN'T making up numbers for it - don't get too hung up on it.

2. NTSC video itself is limited to 525 vertical lines (625 for PAL). There's no getting around this *standard* without moving into true high-def standards, or IP.

I think He was talking about Horizontal Lines

3. There isn't a direct correlation between sampling resolution and "TV Lines", so again, don't get too hung up on it.

At most, think of it as weakest-link theory, and if your camera has higher resolution that the video standard supports, then the camera won't be your weakest link for image clarity.

Sean, I have idea

why don't we create CCTV Forum test chart, very simple to use

and then everybody can post their results

I kinda start to make my self and almost done for basic test

Sounds like a good idea. I am currently running a test right now between a few different cameras with different TV line ratings to see if I can notice any differences. I will post results on forum whenever I get them done. What did you have in mind?

Sounds like a good idea. I am currently running a test right now between a few different cameras with different TV line ratings to see if I can notice any differences. I will post results on forum whenever I get them done. What did you have in mind?

For example ( in real life I use "bmp" extention)

each line are one pix wide

The trick is about positioning

camera must see left and right edge of this pix only

then u set DVR for CIF or D1 and record

for some people results can be shocking

This test does not measure

its total path performace from camera to playback on DVR

1474130562_testlines2.jpg.d65ae194648eeec46ecae89d019a94c0.jpg

Thanks Alex. Excuse my ignorance but what is this test testing? How would I test a camera with that diagram. Do you have an actual physical paper that I could shoot the camera at or should I shoot the camera right at the LCD screen on my computer. Or should I print off that diagram. Or am I missing the point totally.

Thanks Alex. Excuse my ignorance but what is this test testing? How would I test a camera with that diagram. Do you have an actual physical paper that I could shoot the camera at or should I shoot the camera right at the LCD screen on my computer. Or should I print off that diagram. Or am I missing the point totally.

Sorry

yes u print and then put at front of camera

the way i described

record and then playback

have a look or print what u recorded

and compare with original

will try to talk to u on Monday

Check PM plz