Megapixelman

New SONY HD Hybrid over Coax

Dahua and CNB and Honeywell (cnb) will have 16 out by january. Dahua are also adding this to there cards so i think its safe to say hikvision will not be to far behind.

its all still new and the best way to look at it is a step up from D1. its not tech to compete with high MP ip systems. it just the end of analog to digital.

Yeah I know HDSDI and we are offering that for the

smaller retro fits but let's get out of the smaller jobs and talk some

Bigger jobs.. Like shopping centers with 60 cameras and they want analytics etc..

Also the HDSDI is power hungry as the DVR does the encoding,

Whilst Sony can run 16 cameras on a Atom processor..

I agree HDSDI has a place but is still to prove itself..

Lets see HDSDI do what IP can do with acesss control integration, Video Analytics..

Look at http://www.shany.com for HDSDI as well they are very good and OEM small quality for you.

MM

Edited by Guest

Im quoting 60 cameras right now, analog .. and yet they want cheaper so its down to CNB domes for outside and cheap color IR domes for inside, and 2x 32 channel Dahua DVRs ... whatever works to get the job.

Yep... I agree you have to win the job first..

I guess I am lucky with my clients that arn't worried to much on price rather then Quality and what's specified and I know all the consultants..

Different strokes for different blokes I guess..

Good conversation I like to hear opinions.

MM

just had a look at the sony spec. so its camera then encoder (need both to run over coax) and over coax it is only 640x480. the RJ45 does the 720p though switcher. (is that not the same as ip ??)

so if i read sony spec right. you have the cost of camera then cost of encoder (have to buy as pair)

you can do better with an Atom hybrid. and run 2-3-5 mp

Yep... I agree you have to win the job first..

I guess I am lucky with my clients that arn't worried to much on price rather then Quality and what's specified and I know all the consultants..

Different strokes for different blokes I guess..

Good conversation I like to hear opinions.

MM

Though remember everything is 3x the price time as it lands here in this country, so what is a cheap camera in the US is now an expensive one here

I think the only advantage (if you want to call it an advantage) that SDI has over these new Sony's is the fact that its not IP, meaning you dont have to have the networking knowledge you would have to have to hook up IP cams. SDI advocates claim that is one of their biggest advantage. Basically its as easy as analog hookup. I agree its an advantage, but its not advantageous until they get their prices down. Not real excited about SDI or anything up the coax until they get their prices down for their recorders and cameras.

Yeah the bigger jobs is where i am at now...I was in wholesale and this place had no idea what direction to go to....up to 2000 MP cameras and yes some with analytics which is why i would not consider SDI for here.

I think the only advantage (if you want to call it an advantage) that SDI has over these new Sony's is the fact that its not IP, meaning you dont have to have the networking knowledge you would have to have to hook up IP cams. SDI advocates claim that is one of their biggest advantage. Basically its as easy as analog hookup.

And the downside of that very concept is one of analog's limitations as well: one wire, one camera. Not a deal-breaker in smaller installations or somewhere you already have existing wire everywhere you want a camera, but a significant limitation nonetheless, especially if you have plans to expand and add cameras. Of course, that benefit also assumes the technology will work properly with your existing cable... which by all real-world accounts, it still has serious issues with low-grade RG-59.