qman

Laser Shop

Guys, got to quote out a laser tag place. I got an idea on what to use in the ouside, but the client wants 4 inside the actual play area. this is a very dark area, with those purple lights and neon paintings, plus to make it even worse, he has a fog machine. Will post pics later today to show what I am talking about. I need ideas on what cameras to use.

Thanks!!

Herm,

Either Pano CP-484 or Bosch LTC 0495 series. The ultimate solution will be Bosch LTC 0620 series..., but then again, it may price you completely out...

I tell you, the ZC-Y30NH4 wide dynamic camera from Ganz will not be far behind for this application with its ability to use and program 32x electronic sensitivity enhancement (frame integration). Just make sure that you have a good lens...

Levon

dude whats a laser tag place ? like the thing used in clothing stores, or the p.o.s. handheld tingy??

dude whats a laser tag place ? like the thing used in clothing stores, or the p.o.s. handheld tingy??

It is wear you war a laser pack like a jersey and you carry a laser gun and you go shooting after everyone.

would be moe fun with a flack jacket and an m16

or at least some paint ballz ..

Edited by Guest

I've seen enough guns in the last week to last me a lifetime

Anyhow herm, why don't you stick to using Infra Red.

A decent high res. Black and White camera, fit the lens with an 830 / 850 nM pass filter (all visible frequencies are blocked), and light the area by using small 830 / 850 illuminators as uplighters, bouncing the light off the ceiling or walls (ceiling is preferable provided it's not tooooo high!).

You should get shadowless lighting, and IR tends to penetrate through fog better than visible light. If the IR lights are wall mounted above two metres, nobody is going to notice, and the client could be sold on the "high tech" Infra Red angle.

Just a suggestion.