mike_va

Q-see QSM5265C bullet vs Revo RCBY24-1

Picked up one of these Revo's from costco since I wanted to add some audio. Non starter since they use a custom pinout (although they did send a schematic) and they did not include the any method to access the audio - I think they want you to buy another gadget they sell (and Costco does not carry). Anyway thought I would test before I returned it to the store, not a very good camera for low light.

Also, I noticed with the QSM5265C the current would drop with my hand in front of the camera.

Interesting - the Q-see seems to have fair smart-IR. IR range seemed fairly good.

With the audio, it should just be mic-level output, with a positive and ground (shield). So hook it up to mic port on your computer to listen, or RCA inputs on anything.

With the audio, it should just be mic-level output, with a positive and ground (shield). So hook it up to mic port on your computer to listen, or RCA inputs on anything.

If it was not proprietary wiring I might play with it. Just not worth it with the Revo since it was a lousy camera.

8468268_Picture2.jpg.472a9c8db8d0235edb2ee33e2ee4fa99.jpg

proprietary wiring

systems that have proprierty wiring are just too expensive and everything has an extra cost. DVR goes down you cant just buy another unless the same but if you wanted to use or upgrade to something else you cant. not without extra costs.

most of the time these systems cost more than standard BNC

proprietary wiring

systems that have proprierty wiring are just too expensive and everything has an extra cost. DVR goes down you cant just buy another unless the same but if you wanted to use or upgrade to something else you cant. not without extra costs.

most of the time these systems cost more than standard BNC

Well the writing isn't too bad , it is a RJ12 cable that has all of the Audio, Power, and Video in one. Also you can interchange it with BNC easily. Its plug and play and easy to switch cameras, and the cables and connectors are not too much either!