Daskew78

Good generic (ONVIF) software need

Hi all,

I've bought 2 of these IP cameras for home security: http://www.surveon.com/product/CAM3365.asp

The problem is the software it comes with is not very good so I am looking for some generic software.

Most companies software I've already tried don't support these cameras because they are very new but they are ONVIF compatible so I've managed to get Milestone to connect with a generic driver 9only getting 3fps though).

I have a home server which can do the recording but I need some good software that will run on the server and record both camera streams and a client which I can monitor on my own machine. I also need to be able to connect to the server with an iPhone and iPad.

Can anyone recommend any good software?

Thank in advance.

ONVIF is not yet mature and unless the manufacturer has tested the NVR and camera, you really won't know if it will work unless you test it yourself. Both Exacq and Avigilon have demo software. I prefer Avigilon, but Exacq is a good solution if that will work.

Best,

Christopher

Hi,

I also tried Avigilon yesterday but doesn't work. I will try Exacq today, any more suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

What did u try

Avigilon server and client or client only ?

Hi,

ak357: I tried the server and client, I was given a 30 day trial code by the company. They told me the problem is because ONVIF isn't mature yet so they would need to develop a specific driver for that camera if their generic driver didn't work.

thewireguys: Please see here, they are ONVIF compliant: http://www.onvif.org/Default.aspx?TabID=98&CompanyID=25528

Confirmed by ONVIF and Surveon themselves.

With regard to generic driver, it was a generic ONVIF driver which is even named that in the software. I've spoken at length with Milestone to try get them working. As said previously they do connect with the generic driver but it's just not getting above 3fps. They have one of the cameras in stock and are testing it currently and should soon be releasing a driver around 27th of this month.

I am just trying other software that might work in the mean time.

Just tried the Exacq software but unfortunately when adding the camera I select the "ONVIF" driver and as soon as I do that it blanks out the "port" field so I cannot alter it to 8080 which the milestone software connect fine on.

I presume ONVIF is supposed to work on a specific port by doing that?

Regardless it cannot connect

I shall persist :/

Hi,

ak357: I tried the server and client, I was given a 30 day trial code by the company. They told me the problem is because ONVIF isn't mature yet so they would need to develop a specific driver for that camera if their generic driver didn't work.

thewireguys: Please see here, they are ONVIF compliant: http://www.onvif.org/Default.aspx?TabID=98&CompanyID=25528

Confirmed by ONVIF and Surveon themselves.

Daskew do not waste your time !

I can tell you few or more story about Asian cameras with "ONVIF" compliant BS

It is not ONVIF problem

it is how they implement protocol inside cameras

so far very poor

or it will work fine with their own software

Hi Daskew, Your IPC supports ONVIF but only limit to Core spec v1.02. The lastest Core spec is v2.1 now. Here is the situation in Asia, the manufactuers are working on the ONVIF. It takes time as it needs to re-program almost the whole software. There's worse thing that ONVIF keep updating the spec. The manufacturers will not jump in the lastest version, or they can find the end forever.

Hi Daskew, Your IPC supports ONVIF but only limit to Core spec v1.02. The lastest Core spec is v2.1 now. Here is the situation in Asia, the manufactuers are working on the ONVIF. It takes time as it needs to re-program almost the whole software. There's worse thing that ONVIF keep updating the spec. The manufacturers will not jump in the lastest version, or they can find the end forever.

How does a software developer stream video from an ONVIF device?

Their website doesnt make much sense. Just talks alot about certification.

How is it different from using the API from the manufacturer?