Sign in to follow this  
infowire

Looking for 10 600TVL Bullet Cameras

So seems like people vouch for CNB brand around here, who deals them that i can trust?

My second choice is monoprice bullet IR cameras.. they have some nice varifocal 2.8 - 11mm. They have good reviews on their website.

I need some varifocal and some no more than 4mm.

I will be using the "Qvis Apollo HD PRO 16" @ D1 to record, so i would like good quality images as possible.

I used a couple models of their IR Bullets and they were rubbish, including one of their expensive models.

The expensive model produced a faint IR Ring effect which i found out to be how they were supposed to be, and crappy daytime image - total waste of money.

The cheaper TDN I used is now discontinued and although it had alot of somewhat decent IR (compared to the more expensive model) it was also a piece of garbage - never would stay focused between IR and non IR no matter what one did - had one of them here for a couple weeks testing until I gave up.

The newer monalisas might be better but once bitten ...

Id look at KT&C or Samsung now. But either way I would not order ANY until I test at least 1.

like the ktnc "http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewforum.php?f=84" they have some nice ones. Any idea where i can buy them from? reliable source?

I probably wouldnt go with Monoprice cameras. If you plan on buying that robust of a DVR, get some good brand name cameras to go with it that have a proven track record.

Like Rory said, if you do go CNB, make sure it has the Monalisa chip in it and you wont be dissappointed.

Does CNB make outdoor rated bullets? I can't find them on the site. All of their domes and normal box cameras are easy to find, but no bullets? Bottom line for me is to only buy CNB when it's got the Monalisa chip. Their older stuff without ain't too good!

Even though I haven't used their cameras, I'm confident that KT&C and Samsung make good stuff. Also, after playing with Empire's domes, their IR bullets would be great for the price too.

Rory, what model of KT&C's have you used?

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewforum.php?f=80

Picking cameras is a pain in the butt, i been sitting here all day and still have not come to a conclusion.

I need -

5x (non varifocal) 2.8-3mm cameras with night vision. (3 outdoors)

4x varifocal 3-4mm night vision (1x outdoors)

-----------------------------------------------------------

KPC-N500 (Outdoor, 20IR, 600TVL, 3D Digital Noise Reduction, 2.8-12mm Varifocal Lens) 1x Main Entrance/Parking,

http://www.ktncusa.com/english/viewtopic.php?t=682

$80 each

KPC-DNR230 (Digital Day & Night, 2.97mm Lens) 3x Main Office

http://www.ktncusa.com/english/viewtopic.php?t=653

$95 each

KPC-N300H (Digital Day & Night, 30IR, 3.7mm Lens) 6x Back Office, Warehouse, Main Dock, Side Dock

http://www.ktncusa.com/english/viewtopic.php?t=412

$100 each

This is my plan =P after a long day of looking.

[edit by mod-store link removed]

looks good too

Edited by Guest

I will have test shots fairly soon with one of the Empire bullets (dunno which model yet). I think they use the same chips (new Effios) as their domes, which I have played with and loved (especially for the price). They are near par with the CNBs I've used.

Check out ####### as well- just to add more shopping choices to the mix.

Thank You =) I will be sure to write some reviews after i purchase.

Check out ####### as well- just to add more shopping choices to the mix.

guys please keep the store recommendations to PM ... thanks.

Well i think we need a sticky on the forums with a poll to rate products, i spent all day researching cameras and calling dealers, it could be an easier job if we can put all the info on one page. Maybe do something like $80-$200... some products lack information and reviews. I will be down to write some stuff on what i purchase.

Sorry Rory. I thought it was an actual store link that was a no-no, not the mention of the store.

Dan

suggesting stores in any form is frowned upon as the advertisers pay for the forum to exist, so its best to keep any suggestions like that for PMs and emails. Also if it has a .com etc in the name then its still treated as a link.

Well i think we need a sticky on the forums with a poll to rate products, i spent all day researching cameras and calling dealers, it could be an easier job if we can put all the info on one page. Maybe do something like $80-$200... some products lack information and reviews. I will be down to write some stuff on what i purchase.

CCTV cameras are discontinued every other day so that wont really work.

Also one camera might work stellar for a couple persons but if the camera is not put through a rigorous test instead of just installed at a couple locations, it will likely fail for others and the forum can't take that responsibility. Plus then there is the advertising side of it that could run us into problems.

I will have test shots fairly soon with one of the Empire bullets

Well i think we need a sticky on the forums with a poll to rate products,

advertising is a powerful tool. just like over the last view months we have been getting empire....... there is no such camera as the empire.

if you cant buy it trade then its not a manufacturer.

agree that you are a professional installer or will have this camera professionally installed. ONCE THIS CAMERA HAS BEEN MOUNTED IT CAN NOT BE RETURNED. You must test the camera for damages/defects BEFORE installing.

i had this sent to me. asking is it worth the risk.

to me the statement above is stupid. IF a professional installs the camera and it fails in a week or month you have lost all your money.

with CNB even if you train a monkey to install it you still get two years warranty.

agree that you are a professional installer or will have this camera professionally installed. ONCE THIS CAMERA HAS BEEN MOUNTED IT CAN NOT BE RETURNED. You must test the camera for damages/defects BEFORE installing.

i had this sent to me. asking is it worth the risk.

to me the statement above is stupid. IF a professional installs the camera and it fails in a week or month you have lost all your money.

with CNB even if you train a monkey to install it you still get two years warranty.

so can it be exchanged?