Giddy

No online video on my laptop

After installing the add-on (Web Application Manager) on both computers, in unsecure mode (IE9, Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom level, (1) enable "Download signed ActiveX controls", (2) enable "Download unsigned ActiveX controls" and (3) enable "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting"), I turned them back to default.

The box for "Enable protected mode" is checked for both computers.

My PC have windows 7 professional= I have no problems viewing my CCTV cams online with (1) IE9 (compatibility view) or (2) the software that came with the CCTV kit.

My laptop have windows 7 ultimate= I have problems viewing my CCTV cams online with IE9 (compatibility view) but no problems with the software that came with the CCTV kit.

But if I put the laptop back to unsecure mode it works. I can view my CCTV cams online with IE9 (compatibility view)

I have uninstalled the add-on and re-installed it but it didn't help.

Can anyone help me to make it work in secure mode?

Not sure about IE9, but in IE8 there are these settings to try. Maybe it will help in IE9. Not sure. Try at your own risk, although the settings are nothing you can't just reset right back. Go into internet options.

- Trusted sites, make security level low

- Enter trusted sites

- Untick require server verification

- Add the address of the app manager or dyns address you're using

Ok to all and close out of that and try. If nothing, reset those settings to what they were. Good luck.

There are many ActiveX controls that dont work with IE9.

Please dont ask the ActiveX developer why, ask Microsoft why they had to change it so much and it still sucks.

OPTIONS:

1-Use the desktop software - typically it will be much better anyway.

2-Use Google Chrome with IE Tabs addon - preinstall the activeX.

Thank you everyone. Im going to try your advises. Hopefully I don't need to come back on this topic.

Cheers