AndyA

4 Camera one Cat 5 Cable and power any one Done? Issues?

Hello work on clean up some wireing issues 4 cam one cable seprated ps cable

Has any one done this not my choice try not end up wire job it was done before i got involed urgh I would rip it out but I'm curios if any one done this had work ? or did they end up with ghost or bad image on camera

They where not great image before I think problay related 4 cam in 4 cat 5

Also power is 14 camera 12 volt at 560 amps so I need figured out power sluppy that urgh I hate people cut corners

I'm think might be easy to run new wire to all camera but I want know any one had done this had work before?

RIP IT OUT! If just one pair fails, you'd have to rip it out so better to do it now. You can use the existing cat5 as a pull through. Your reputation is at stake. I always find if you try to save the client money, it always comes back to bite you later and it costs you money and a dent to your reputation.

In theory, it should work fine but theory doesn't always go in a straight line in practice.

Do a proper job at your client's expense and not half a job at the expense of your reputation.

One thing I HATE is completing an abandoned or chop-shop and sticky tape job, better to start from scratch.

Hi Numbs Nuts Ya I tottaly agree with hack job But some time what possable I think this case we just go end up Rip out too I hate do my job half ass it just not worth it As you Said

The Sad point This company did wireing before Cut so many corner It just stupid It sucks For client To pay for job be Basicly done Twice but that life think of use the Exist cat 5 as pull string It might be possable

I''m think we pair split extend for Camera I"m not sure good will be for pulling string

Mind they also power cable they that cound be used for pull

On plus side they pretty big condit They enoght pull cable in most the spots

I tottaly know what Mean Do it right Or don'nt do it Consideing Other Hardware Install they This Small Part of job Power Gates with control keypad for acess

I still look for some adivce I think two power sluppy unless some point in direction of company make one with enoght power for camera I can do two if have two

Hi Numbs Nuts Ya I tottaly agree with hack job But some time what possable I think this case we just go end up Rip out too I hate do my job half ass it just not worth it As you Said

The Sad point This company did wireing before Cut so many corner It just stupid It sucks For client To pay for job be Basicly done Twice but that life think of use the Exist cat 5 as pull string It might be possable

I''m think we pair split extend for Camera I"m not sure good will be for pulling string

Mind they also power cable they that cound be used for pull

On plus side they pretty big condit They enoght pull cable in most the spots

I tottaly know what Mean Do it right Or don'nt do it Consideing Other Hardware Install they This Small Part of job Power Gates with control keypad for acess

I still look for some adivce I think two power sluppy unless some point in direction of company make one with enoght power for camera I can do two if have two

POWER SLUPPY?

If your predecessor did a lousy job, just tell your client the wiring needs replacing and leave it at that. I wouldn't involve your client in technical issues and concerns they don't understand. I try to never criticize previous work, which I have come to troubleshoot.

I just find any fault, and correct it in the best way I can. If that means replacing wiring then I simply advise the wiring needs replacing, "it's degraded so will give trouble in future".

I enter this on my worksheet as necessary.

That way they have a choice and if your repair doesn't last, and they haven't had the wiring replaced, you can say "I did advise you it needed replacing".

Aside from anything else, it does not look professional to criticize existing work

or others work.

I tottaly know what Mean Do it right Or don'nt do it

i think you might be doing more work than you need to do. just test the existing cat5 with a network tester. just because someone else put it in does not mean its bad.

then power cameras local and use 4 way balun for images 1 at camera end other dvr end.

168782_1.jpg

Nice Idea Tom it go end up get rewired They watch switch out to ip camera anyways when they analog camera die

HI Numb nuts Look for power sluppy that will power all camera

Half Camera don'nt even specs wrote on them

so I'm asume 12 volt at 560 Mili amps?

The camera that do have specs are them are 12 / 24 volt at 560 mill amp

http://www.clintonelectronics.com/store/product.php?productid=154

other camera are something like this closet i cound find http://jincctv.en.made-in-china.com/product/noUQSxKyYXcm/China-Vari-Focus-IR-Waterproof-CCD-Camera-JN-2309-.html

Right now they all on one set power wire for all camera

If you can replace the wire I would put in cat 6 it may be overkill today but who knows they may want to go to IP and you would be all set assuming the runs are 300 feet or less. If you do reuse the wire take the time to label everything. When you come back two years from now you will be glad you did.

Hello All And Yes we started to rewire The Place Due Fact Split pairs for Video and that we need Do some Cerment work Due to fact that we can'nt fit enoght cable in the condit between build I'm guess that why they decide Do 4 Camera on 1 cat 5 + Power Wire Also Had Dead Camera look like it too too much voltage Anyways Few Camera are work New Wireing Need to check Blaun Cause I think they took voltage and cooked them

I Have Question Are Video Balan bnc connector polarity sensitive? I guess Balun or two Might be Messed up

Sorry I mean Power Sluppy that will run

12 x 560 Millamp Camera

2 x 24 volt Model posted at this Url

http://www.clintonelectronics.com/store/product.php?productid=154

What Is Antispider I have no clue That what Camera have Label They Cliton Electronic Cameras

Model CE-B707

I guess since they daul voltage camera I can un them all at 12 volts So How big Power Sluppy Do need

Ampage wise It shound be 14 x 560 MillAmps

Then at least it wasn't just for no reason. I saw a livery stable this weekend where they ran 7 cameras from the farmhouse, to the stable block over a steel support wire. Two cat5 cables over to the stable block and then 2 x 4 way baluns. From there the cameras were fed by coax and that was where the PSU was placed to distribute the DC power.

To be fair to the installer, running 4 coax or 4 Cat5 would have been unnecessarily bulky and expensive so in such a case I think what was done was well reasoned.

Fortunately I was only there to adjust and re-focus and clean the existing camera housings.

Well they went with new cable we pull all new cat 6 and starting over Ya They can also be worse things

I always been Fan do right not have to do over 3 time but that anythey storie

So far new install only use they existed Camera they

Suck so new dvr geoviosn new wireing new ps and then soon to be new camera

I problay just keep it quad intel so i think cover pull out some cable

Out Curios what would you charge for rip out cable I think that kinda small point Cause get hardware Upgrades New Dvr System Etc Sales so I think worth plus we pull old cable out as same time we install new one lol so not like we had do extra work they pull strings basicly

Out Curios what would you charge for rip out cable

Bad idea to charge to remove cables. it always works out alot more than just installing cables. YOU WILL get a customer that WILL invoice YOU for making good holes / re paint / plaster /

using old cables as pull cords is good. removing old cables old conduit old clips is just a waste of your time as a install company.