ack1234

dvr images

hi people got a dvr but has no usb or rewriter how would i get the images off the hard drive on to disc or usb ??the dvr only has an exrernal i/o on the back thanks.

That would probably be for connecting alarm inputs/outputs; not useful for exporting video and data.

If there's no burner, no USB, no firewire, no network... your only option for exporting video will probably be to connect some other kind of recorder to the video output (where you connect your monitor), then start recording on that while you play back the video you want on the DVR.

try a VHS to dvd converter but instead of plugging a VHS in, plug the output of your dvr in. find the incident, press record on the dvd thing and play it back.

not ideal but will work

use the monitor output plugged into a capture card on a PC (or another DVR with USB/Lan) and record what you playback.

hi dvr does not have vcr out its got audio/-1-2-3-4/ monitor main

and call and external i/o on back thanks

i am sure i told you how to do it (exactly what rory is saying) via pm...

yes you did tell me what to do and yes it does work with vcr i was just answering another question thanks for that .iam still abit confused like i said new to all this but still dont see the point of the dvr ive got if you need a vcr to take off images ?? me thinking a dvr did everything maybe like someone said mine is an old one but thanks again to all.