Sign in to follow this  
ronwood

GeoVision Warranty Issue

I’d like to hear from anyone who has experience dealing with GeoVision’s (usavisionsys) RMA department.

What was the turnaround time? Did they repair or replace the item? Who did you contact; please provide a contact number for the RMA dept. if possible?

Any help will be greatly appreciated…I’ve been trying to get a DOA camera repaired or replaced for over 2 months.

Ok, thanks for the reply. That’s what I was afraid of.

It took almost 2 months to get a RMA for a camera that was broken upon arrival. Now I’m being told it will be an additional 4-6 weeks for the repair! I’ve contacted both GeoVision and the company I bought the cameras from, but I keep getting the runaround.

I was hoping someone on here could point me in the right direction or recommend how I can get this resolved? Is this typical for GeoVision? I’m out over $1,000.00…please help.

Is this typical for GeoVision?

its not typical of geo to take so long if it is done though the proper chain. but the warranty is not with you and geo its between your distributor and geo.

did you buy your cameras from the likes of ebay ???? why did you not go back to the seller ??? is your seller an autherised distributor ???

geo will not repair anything that has been sold out of there distribution network. (it tells you that in every manual with goods)

$1000 is a lot to loose so i would focus on the company that sold you the cameras and not geo.

It took almost 2 months to get a RMA for a camera that was broken upon arrival

if you have a RMA then send a email and fax and a phone call to geo. requesting the return of your cameras with a faul report and that you will be sending a courier service on monday noon to collect your cameras.

did you buy your cameras from the likes of ebay ???? why did you not go back to the seller ??? is your seller an autherised distributor ???

The camera was bought from an authorized GeoVision dealer. I sent the seller over 12 emails, but they keep blaming GeoVision. I also contacted GeoVision several times about the issue, including emailing their headquarters in Taiwan. So far, nothing has been done. GeoVision has the defective camera. The last email I received said it would be an additional 4-6 weeks before it was repaired. I think that is unacceptable.

The last phone conversation I had with “Scott” at GeoVision was not very pleasant. While speaking with him, he remembered recently quoting a system for my agency. I told him we had used another company, because of the warranty problems I was experiencing. He then stated, “So you are asking me to do you a favor!, but you are not going to buy from us?”

I have saved every email & have most of the phone conversations recorded.

The camera was bought from an authorized GeoVision dealer.

100s call them selfs authorized but are not. your problem has been going on for a while the longer you take the harder it will be. your not talking a few $ your outlay is $1000.

dont make the mistake of thinking geo has your money. its the dealer you need to be going after.

talk with your credit card company

my dealer works with me on this type of problem. I get something doa THEY do a advanced replacement if it something critical. I try to stock replacements if I can but that is difficult as so many products come and go. Like the previous posts Its the dealer if he wants the business he should send you and advanced replacement when possible. This problem is why we only use a few suppliers we hope to do enough with them to make it worth there while to take care of us

100s call them selfs authorized but are not. your problem has been going on for a while the longer you take the harder it will be. your not talking a few $ your outlay is $1000.

usavisionsys (GeoVision) told me the company was an authorized distributer. I'm not sure if I can post the name on this forum?, but it’s a large internet based company...no geo dealers are in my area.

I spoke with GeoVision again yesterday. They said my camera was sent to Taiwan for repair??? They said it typically takes 4 weeks before the camera is shipped back to them in CA. Once they receive my camera they will mail it back to me.

Horrible, horrible customer service!

They said my camera was sent to Taiwan for repair???

geo should pack everything in and start selling kids story books ....... Once upon a time we used to look after our customers

talk to your credit card company Get your money back. i can understand repair if out of warranty you have only had them for a month.

I emailed GeoVision’s Taiwan location, because I thought I was being lied to about my camera being sent to Taiwan for repair.

Turns out it’s actually in Taiwan!

They emailed me back stating, “It has been diagnose with power failure. The power supply has been changed and ready to ship back to you.”

…the shipping has to cost more than it did to make the camera.

We always return to our distributor and it takes about 6 weeks usually id guess for RMA's. I just forget about them half the time.

I believe they are just swapping out the cards we send back, not too sure. GV-IO boxes i think they repair, depends on whats wrong with the device