Sign in to follow this  
nDAlk90

Camera Location, Resolution, and Quality

What do you think of the quality difference? This is some man putting flyers on the property

Comparison:

480tvl Sony Super HAD (3.6mm camera mounted approximately 5 feet above garage door )

170829_1.jpg

vs.

700tvl Sony Effio (Vari-focal camera mounted under garage door frame)

170829_2.jpg

I'd like to see what the 480 looks like in that second, lower position just for the hell of it. The lower position obviously gives a better ID shot. But the 700 looks out of focus.

What do you think of the quality difference? This is some man putting flyers on the property

I can see difference

but can not see quality

On given distance and FOV it's suck

sorry for being direct

I don't understand the point of the comparison, Yes a higher powered lense will show more detail, but a smaller field of view. It's impossible to compare camera quality in the two shots since they were from different angles at different focal lenghts. ususally, varifocal is better bacause you can adjust the field of view to balance detail and view area for your specific application, but you can achieve nearly the same effect with a handfull of screw in lenses, it just takes more time.

Each camera is a little different in it's ability to handle different lighting and deliver good detail. The specs rarely tell the whole story, and screen shots can be rigged.

If you are thinking about a security system, you should do enough research to understand what people are selling, maybe even buy a couple of cameras to fool around with. A properly installed system is going to set you back some $$, so it's worth spending some time to know what you want before you buy.

After the neighbor was robbed, I installed a 4ch and then an 8 ch DVR system. I have probably $800 into it by now, and countless hours fiddling around. But I understand way more than I did when I started. I wouldn't even want to think about what it would have cost to have someone else put in the system.

No offense but You need to upgrade to a D1 DVR before you show comparisons such as that . Your CIF DVR does not really give any camera justice whether it be 480 TVL or 700 TVL. The 700 TVL picture you show is no where near represenative of what a 700 TVL camera should look like. Also, it looks like your vari-focal 700 TVL camera is not focused

I have some old used 330 TVL cameras that would look better than both of those pictures to be honest.