Kingofrock

View but not control over web.

I am in the UK. My setup is two AVTECH 4 channel DVR's, Thomson TG585 router and XLN business broadband. This setup is repeated in a second store. For viewing I have a laptop (vista), Netbook (windows 7) and desktop (XP).

Up untill recently I could view and control all my CCTV units from home but now I can only watch them. I cannot 'talk' to the units to review earlier video.

Video Server E will conect and view but no control.

Putting the IP address into internet explorer takes me to the login page but then the 'The requested URL was not found on this server' message comes up.

I've reset everything. Changed ports and ip addresses, nothing.

Help.

Hi XLN have a habit of changing static IPs at least once a year. when you reset everything you may have removed ports you needed

kdo you know which ports you had open ??? and which avtech you have ?

AVTECH is the 760 I think. Looks like that number on the back. Second unit is the same but with remote control.

Using the Video Server E software I can watch the camers so the port numbers, IP address etc is all correct. Just no control.

Video Server E will conect and view but no control.

Putting the IP address into internet explorer takes me to the login page but then the 'The requested URL was not found on this server' message comes up.

Using the Video Server E software I can watch the camers so the port numbers, IP address etc is all correct. Just no control.

ok am lost already.

you will connect via lan (local network) are you having problems at your network that your dvr is on or problems away from the dvr ???

another problem you may have is after reset your password may not have admin rights

Online now for 8 hours.

Video Server works both within the network and away whilst at home. Works as in can view at both locations but no control.

Password. I input the password on Video Server and it gets through. Inserting a different password fails.

So I can watch live pictures from anywhere but cannot control the unit to review or change camera.

Hi. which password have you used ??? you should have two from factory admin and user adding more will have included a manager login.

you will need to chech user names and add or change in dvr settings (a reset will remove added settings)

Still on admin.

I know I should have changed it.

I think I will do a complete reset.

Thing is, it is three different units in two locations so that must eliminate the AVTECH units surely.

Reset done on one unit and still no joy.

Come on guys, I'm going mad here.

So I'm going to break this down.

I can see pictures so I must be able to contact the avtech. It could be the picture is 'always on' and I only have to hook on to that signal, not sure how it works. But data is leaving the router and on to the internet. When I try to control the AVTECH nothing happens. How do I check if I have a signal going in to the router and on to the AVTECH. Port forwarding is pointing in the correct direction. Only thing I can think of is XLN stopping a signal being sent to the AVTECH.

Come on guys, I'm going mad here.

your going mad ???

please take your time and read your posts.

How do I check if I have a signal going in to the router and on to the AVTECH. Port forwarding is pointing in the correct direction. Only thing I can think of is XLN stopping a signal being sent to the AVTECH.

if XLN was blocking ports you would not be getting images. which ports do you have working ...... remember not to use port 80. change it to 83 or something else.

what ports are you using (should have 3 ) ???

which user name and password are you using to logon ???

password and user.

hi. this is not the administrator password or user .. you have no rights to the dvrs view only

for the 760 its admin and 0000

Back for another day.

Sorry to be a pain. It did work for a year or so. Nothing has changed. I am using the same login details as always. Then about a month back both systems stopped responding. I still use admin admin and get through but still no control over the cameras, only viewing.

Back for another day.

Sorry to be a pain.

Kingofrock is this a wind up post ???????? i have given you the port / administartor passwords for the 760

Sorry but no wind up.

Where do I input the information.

I use Video Server E. When asked I input Username (admin) password (admin) ip and port. All correct as it takes me to the AVTECH via the internet. From there I can view the cameras but not control them.

Hope I've explained it well.

Come on, where are the brains here?

I've spent a week on this and got nowhere. So another angle. When I put the ip address and port into IExplorer I initialy get the Any Time & Any Where screen at which point I insert the password and get 'The requested URL was not found on this server'

Hi

Probably not much help but just wanted to say i'm having the same problem (which is how i found this post).

Setup is: AVTECH AV785 DVR with Video Server E 1.0.6.9 running on Win7.

Had system working fine for 5 years. Did a major shop re-fit and the DVR has been sitting in a box for 6 weeks. Now reconnected and i can now only view the video. I can't select cameras or rewind video anymore.

I can rewind by physically pressing the controls on the DVR box and this can be viewed fine on the PC monitor.

I'm logging in with Admin also. The buttons aren't greyed out - they just have no effect when you click them.

My only guess is that something has reset on the DVR while it's been unplugged for so long. I'll keep beavering away and if i find a solution i'll post it and hopefully you'll do the same.

I am in the UK yes. ISP is Eclipse but I forgot to say i'm trying to do this over LAN not over the internet.

I'm logging in with Admin also. The buttons aren't greyed out - they just have no effect when you click them.

all avtech have admin as user name its the password that will be your problem.

local you can just use admin and leave password empty but you cant control the dvr.

try username >>>admin

password >>> 0000

local you can just use admin and leave password empty but you cant control the dvr.

Leaving the password field empty just results in an incorrect user/password pop up error.

try username >>>admin

password >>> 0000

This just results in the "login procedure failed" error message.

Thankyou for the suggestions though. I have noticed that the admin password code in the hard menu of the DVR is 0000 for changing things through the system menu but to login with Video Server E only admin/admin works as it has done for years.

Tom.

You mentioned this before and I thank you BUT. Using Web Server E (as always) it will not accept 0000. It will accept admin which connects to the avtech. Am I doing something wrong. Am I misunderstanding you. Please help us.

Edit.

Tom, what do you use to view the cameras. Maybe the admin 0000 needs to go into another viewer programme.

Hi folks,

I've got the exact same problem with an AVC760 accessed over the LAN using Video Server E

I can see the 4 cameras but have absolutely no control. I'm logged in as admin and all this has worked fine for months, then suddenly no control.

I've tried rebooting the AVC760 and also running Video Server E on two different PC's

Help!!

Just an update.

I had intermittent limited control return over LAN for a while earlier this afternoon. I haven't changed any settings. The only difference was I plugged the IR receiver cable into the back of the DVR so that I could use the remote control. This shouldn't effect LAN at all.

For a while I could select cameras again through the software but still couldn't rewind the video. Response seemed less sensitive than I remember and frustratingly since restarting the software I can not get it working again.

I really don't get what the problem could be.