Kingofrock

View but not control over web.

I have a lot of time on my hands right now so I've tried everything I can think of. Complete resets of all systems, changed ip addresses, changed ports and tried all different combinations of viewers via internet or network. In my case it is two setups in two different shops. Only thing I can think of is maybe an update on the AVTECH (automatic as I've not done one) has changed something, but then everyone would have the same problem.

I've two weeks before I go away on holiday and want it working so I can check staff opening and closing on time.

Thankyou for the suggestions though. I have noticed that the admin password code in the hard menu of the DVR is 0000 for changing things through the system menu

Hi with resetting dvr you will have reset remote setting. so you would go into dvr menu and go to accounts. at the moment admin admin will only let you have limited use. so you need to setup another account.

SUPERVISOR will give you full control (this is were you need to make a new account)

High/normal and guest gives limited viewing and control

ill try and find a on line manual for you.

Tom, I think I know where you are going here. I need to be logged in as supervisor on the avtech.

Thing is there are only two options, administer or guest (0000 or 1111). All my units are on 0000 and have never been changed.

Question. When logging in via the web, where does admin : admin take me and how can I go to supervisor or administrator.

This problem is now becoming an obsession.

Thanks

Tom, I think I know where you are going here. I need to be logged in as supervisor on the avtech.

Thing is there are only two options, administer or guest (0000 or 1111). All my units are on 0000 and have never been changed.

Question. When logging in via the web, where does admin : admin take me and how can I go to supervisor or administrator.

This problem is now becoming an obsession.

Thanks

Hi. if you go into your options and go administrator and either add new or edit existing you will then see the options you want that account to do. ............... were are you located Kingofrock

SUPERVISOR will give you full control (this is were you need to make a new account)

The account i'm using is already Supervisor. After logging in with admin admin you can check in the configuration options.

Tom

Using the remote control I have on the avtech I go menu-advance-system-password setup and get admin password and guest password which are 0000 and 1111. I am logged on as admin with 0000.

I am located in the south of England.

Video Server E looks fine with no buttons greyed out, in other words when clicking on say menu it 'clicks' as expected. Just doesn't send the info to the avtech or the avtech ignores it.

I was thinking along the lines of a firewall blocking in coming signals. I disconected the modem from the internet and turned off all firewalls both on the laptop and router. I then conected directly from the laptop to avtech via the router using the avtechs local ip address, still no luck.

I am computer savvy and know what I am doing.

I've found a solution and can't believe it didn't occur to me earlier: Disable anti-virus software and it works flawlessly.

I use AVG and I just temporarily disabled it and instantly i have control back over LAN.

Thanks Kingofrock, you just mentioning firewalls put a lightbulb above my head. " title="Applause" />

Well found Sir !! " title="Applause" />

Yes another AVG user here with the same problem. Open AVG click on Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Temporarily disable AVG protection.

Video Server E now works fine

Just found out you only need to disable Surf Shield in the link scanner component, so you can still have most of AVG running.

I guess something must have changed in a recent AVG update.

I'm sure you can add a security exception in the advanced settings for individual programs. Just trying that now.