FIERCE4203

RG59 different thickness

I recently acquired 1000' spool of rg59 plenum wire(free in trash from construction site). I noticed that the overall diameter of the cable is thinner than say regular RG59 part of siamese. Does anyone know why? What connectors would be used for this type cable? It clearly has it stamped on the cable "RG59/U" the vable is made by helix.

If seen thinner shielded rg59 use a compression bnc or 2piece crimp bnc ... Twist on rarely work, are for lazy guys that want to setup service calls for an extra buck out of the end user and also because they are just plain old don't know how to make a proper cable... Sorry don't take it personnel.. I just spent 30 minutes showing a local dealer and his crew of 4 how to make a proper bnc cable and 2 of them just said we like twist ons.. they bring in the money.. douches

Twist on rarely work, are for lazy guys that want to setup service calls for an extra buck out of the end user and also because they are just plain old don't know how to make a proper cable

it must be the most talked about topic on the forum.

t3chsupp0rt i take it you have not been installing long ??? people say crimp some compression others say twist on. at the end of the day it is what you are used too. and if used right last just aslong as each other

but twist was around for a long time well before we had crimp or compression.

i have 80 odd push on BNCs from the 70s no cable strip needed

Twist on rarely work, are for lazy guys that want to setup service calls for an extra buck out of the end user and also because they are just plain old don't know how to make a proper cable

it must be the most talked about topic on the forum.

t3chsupp0rt i take it you have not been installing long ??? people say crimp some compression others say twist on. at the end of the day it is what you are used too. and if used right last just aslong as each other

but twist was around for a long time well before we had crimp or compression.

i have 80 odd push on BNCs from the 70s no cable strip needed

Really? Push on BNCs from the 70s? I'd love to verify that. I think in the 70s there were very few BNCs as most were "UHF" or PL259. In Broadcast, crimp os the standard and zero down time is expected. The rest are junk.