cctvfan

Everfocus remote client

Hi, I have a question as first-time Everfocus user. Is there a way to bring any camera to full-screen in the remote viewers (PowerCon or IE) by simply double-clicking, which is how 99.9999% of DVRs work?

Currently I need to first switch to one-camera (full-screen) mode, then tell it which camera number I want ........ instead of simple "point & double-click". PowerCon even worse (than IE), I need to go into system setup to "permanently" assign a camera number to full-screen mode.

Thanks in advance. Help much needed/appreciated.

Thanks Rory!

So what happened to the software designers at EF?? Are they out of their mind? So embarassing - customer asking why he can't do that (he's not entirely new to DVRs, but has been using other PC based systems, so that's the first Q he asked).

I recommend Everfocus DVRs only when the client does not really care too much about remote viewing and wants to keep the price low

They do not use enough resources (CPU, etc) to support remote viewing

For local recording and economics the units are ok...for remote viewin and features check out something else (Nuvico, GE, DM, blah, blah, blah)

sal

http://www.digitalwatchguard.com

they do have that neat LCD which is cool ..

if they could get the rest downpacked now ..

There little LCD is defintely cool, and their box cameras are also good.

Their new EDR 1680 is packed with some crazy specs but is a bit pricier than the rest of their dvrs

They will be demonstrating the EDR 1680 and some of their other products in my NY showroom on Sep 8. PM me if anyone is interested. There are 24 seats avail.

Sal

http://www.digitalwatchguard.com

Id like to visit that showroom when i eventually come up, you said it was in Merrick right? I use to ride my bike through merrick all the time, i lived in NY for 3 years, Freeport, Baldwin, then Wantaugh ...went to Nassau Community College, for a short period.

Starting at about noon, (lunch will be served)... check in with me to confirm