SEANHAWG

Need advice for device for juicy hawg of a monitor

So I got some 55" bad boy planar monitors from a retail store they were using as display monitors. 1080p heavy duty suckers. Anyways, they have HDMI inputs on them but no audio on the monitor nor does it have audio outputs anywhere on the monitor. They were obviously made for video only. I wanted to use one of these hawgs as a TV. Is there any device that I can plug into that has HDMI input that has seperate audio outputs and it also pipes the HDMI video output through.

Hey Sean,

Sure, if you have cable service, you just hook up the audio from the converter box to your home stereo (surround sound system) and rout the HDMI cable to the monitor.

or you can use a DVD or Blue Ray disk player for your video source and still run the audio through the stereo.

Hope that helps,

John

most devices that output hdmi also have composite out (yellow/ red/ white rca). somewhere in the device's menu you can select how the audio is output. example: digital, hdmi, component.

Thanks everyone. I am surprised that is was this easy. I still have some 46" philips commercial grade monitors if anyone is interested.

I still got some 46" philips bad boy commercial grade monitors. But shipping to Cananda would be more than the whole monitor.