dvarapala

Good Source for Raymax Illuminators?

The new Raytec Vario units are sweet. Interchangeable lenses and remote controls for adjusting the units from the ground.

I was reading about those on some sites back when the promo stuff was out. I think Feb of this year is when they were supposed to be released.

Anyone here do a review of any Vario units yet? They look spendy with all the features.

Too many IR units to choose from. I remember back when the UF500 was the only game in town. Now I don't know what to get to pair up with my SC-385 and possible future 5MP cam.

You mention Raytec and the other company being used quite a bit by the pros and Bosch falling by the wayside a bit. Is that really true?

I know Rory is more partial to Bosch, but if they are on the way out, I'd rather go with the newer tech. I know Rory likes his Windows XP quite a bit and he'll be using that until 2018. (I was testing Win7 since early beta and would never look back to XP for an OS option but I understand everyone likes what they like).

I'm wondering if this is a similar situation with the older IR versus the newer tech IR.

A while back you posted that 940nm is not purchased much because it's a premium most people don't need. Are you still finding that to be true?

I'm thinking I want to pay the premium but I understand the trade-offs. I just think that IR should be stealthy, and that stealth deserves a premium price. Just curious if you are still noticing the same thing these days with people avoiding 940NM due to the extra cost?

Raytec and Iluminar are the two dominant pro illuminators right now, and for good reason. Most of the people I talk to have moved on from the Bosch units, but if they're working for you, that's great. It would have been helpful for you to share that info 2 pages ago.

This is the quote I was referring to, guess it wasn't you that posted it. Curious what your opinion is for better IR between Bosch and Raytec? From your previous posts I'd say you really like Raytec. Have you in the past used a lot of Bosch units as well for comparison?

I'm thinking with the answers to these questions we might have enough material to write a small book, at least a pamphlet.

One last thing. What do you think of this MAC Daddy?

188726_1.jpg

The new Vario units are the same price and the Fusion units I am waiting for Ratec to send me a IR and White unit for a customer demo. They should be release in the next couple of weeks.

The new Vario units are the same price and the Fusion units I am waiting for Ratec to send me a IR and White unit for a customer demo. They should be release in the next couple of weeks.

You should do a Youtube review of them when they are released.

I'm hoping to look into the Vario unit reviews this week if many exist yet. I saw at least 1 or 2 but they required a signup on a website I haven't done yet.

Michael, Alex (or anyone else??) -- are you able to get any of the Vario's? I'm getting the runaround from Raytec.. Their support people have been great but sales -- umm.. not so much.. I was promised a list of dealers I could buy from,last Thursday, from one of their reps in Canada after talking with her on the phone and have now called twice with no replies.. Uggg.. I'm looking for a Vario-I2 with standard lens + remote -- if I can't get anything from them then I'll buy American and get the Illuminar IR312-A60-24 as an alternative.. I realize these are items that are just getting into the supply chain.. I really want to get this going or I might opt to just install white regular lighting but I'm sure my neighbors won't like me if I go that route..

Michael, Alex (or anyone else??) -- are you able to get any of the Vario's? I'm getting the runaround from Raytec.. Their support people have been great but sales -- umm.. not so much.. I was promised a list of dealers I could buy from,last Thursday, from one of their reps in Canada after talking with her on the phone and have now called twice with no replies.. Uggg.. I'm looking for a Vario-I2 with standard lens + remote -- if I can't get anything from them then I'll buy American and get the Illuminar IR312-A60-24 as an alternative.. I realize these are items that are just getting into the supply chain.. I really want to get this going or I might opt to just install white regular lighting but I'm sure my neighbors won't like me if I go that route..

I am trying to order some units for a project coming up. I will see if I get get my hands on a extra unit for you.

Thanks.. I've got a ping in with Illuminar as well to see if I can find an authorized dealer since there are many that aren't. I even got an email from their President/CEO a few times today trying to help me out..

Anyone here ever order anything from rayled.com, which is a euro-zone company? They've got what appears to be half-decent pricing on the Vario's over the lone price I've received so far here in the US from a local dealer I've used in the past.. Just thought I'd check..

I am trying to order some units for a project coming up. I will see if I get get my hands on a extra unit for you.

Just checking if you ever received any of the Vario's. If so, how are they and I notice, I see alot of reviews lately about IP cameras, but when it comes to IR illuminators, not so much. Why is that and how can we change that?

More people need to start reviewing their IR units me thinks.

Maybe the forums here need an IR section. When I go to find info on IR here, it's vague as to which forum I should be in for that.