jcanker

mx-5303v manufacturer?

I'm still involved in the horrid installation job discussed in my other thread; now I have a different camera in another location in the building. It is an MX-5303v. I can find several websites that *sell* this camera, but cannot find any info on who actually manufacters this camera. This camera was just returned from the supplier after warranty work was completed.

Long story short: The original install used separate wires (black and white) to run power from the distribution panel to each camera's location. This camera came with a 12v DC plug and BNC connection, with a small PTZ control switch between the camera and these plugs acting essentially as a Y connector--power + BNC -> PTZ toggle ->wires combine into camera. (Can someone explain what good a PTZ toggle is when it's 2-1/2 feet from the camera?). To complete the install I had to snip the power plug.

Power plug had a red, black, and green wire. Connected black to black and red to white; connected BNC's; no dice. Tried swapping black to red, white to black; no dice. Called the supplier for support. Because I snipped the power their answer is that cutting it voids the warranty and won't support it.

I'm all in at this point: clipped off the PTZ toggle which exposed *6* wires: Black, red, green, yellow, white, Brown. Black, red, green obviously went out to the 12vDC power plug, and it appears that yellow and brown went to the moulded BNC plug. What of the white?

I've tried to track down the manufacturer of the device, but all I can find is this "data sheet" that is written with poor English and doesn't have any manufacturer name, even though it says to contact them or the local supplier with any questions:

ftp://74.14.230.97/Camera%20Software/MX-5303V.pdf

Any insights into this? I'm tired of banging my head, and the manager who hired me to finish this is beyond frustrated with the original installer who gave him the impression that he was buying a turn-key system with modular plugs and a universal set of cameras.

This camera was just returned from the supplier after warranty work was completed.

so why did you chop the wire ???

Because I snipped the power their answer is that cutting it voids the warranty and won't support it.

thats the same with most.

the manager who hired me to finish this is beyond frustrated with the original installer who gave him the impression that he was buying a turn-key system with modular plugs and a universal set of cameras.

well the manager did have a turn-key system with modular plugs till you chopped the plugs off (nothing to do with the last installers)

Power plug had a red, black, and green wire. Connected black to black and red to white; connected BNC's; no dice. Tried swapping black to red, white to black; no dice.

if the cameras dont have power protection then you may have fried them ..... and you cant return them

time for you to hold your hands up and get a local cctv company in ............. sorry jcanker for sounding hard

No, they did not have a turn key system, and to be honest, you clearly didn't read my post closely. I explained why I clipped the wire in the first place. The original installer clearly didn't use any plugs to connect the power to the camera. Additionally there was NO documentation for his work and he didn't bother installing the camera well enough so that it didn't fall off the warehouse wall in the first place. That is hardly a turn key solution, and to top it off, he installed the distribution panel under the desk that serves as the main work space so they had to train themselves not to kick it accidentally while sitting at the desk. Is the work that I'm supposed to call a "local cctv installer" to do? It was after all, a local cctv installer that did this job in the first place.

Now I appreciate a good scolding when I deserve it, but i never asked if i did or did not void the warranty. I didn't ask anyone to pile on the company that serviced the camera in the first place. What I did was ask if anyone had any familiarity with the generic camera that I'm dealing with because the original "local cctv installer's" choice to install a non-branded camera is causing me additional difficulty due to sparse documentation that doesn't include manufacturer info and isn't even written in halfway-decent English lin the single instance where it does exist. I was asked to clean up this mess and when I purchase cameras to install in this person's new location next year I *will* use cables that have the 12vDC plugs and BNC connectors. In the meantime, I'm dealing with a line to a camera that doesn't have that and didn't when I got involved.

So I ask again: does anyone know anything about this non-branded camera?

jcanker. i knew you would take it the wrong way. and DID read your post.

No, they did not have a turn key system, and to be honest, you clearly didn't read my post closely. I explained why I clipped the wire in the first place.

in your first post ,

this camera. This camera was just returned from the supplier after warranty work was completed.

it must have had plugs on to have warranty.

Power plug had a red, black, and green wire. Connected black to black and red to white; connected BNC's; no dice. Tried swapping black to red, white to black; no dice.

multi meter would have solved the problem.

I purchase cameras to install in this person's new location next year I *will* use cables that have the 12vDC plugs and BNC connectors.

thats my point. never use pre made cables.

So I ask again: does anyone know anything about this non-branded camera?

1000s of non brand cameras.

did you cut the cable before or after the OSD switch ??? (have you taken it out of the cable ??

See, this all started because the camera had a plug for the power and the wires that had been run for the original install did not. Ergo, to make the connection, snipped the plug.

At this point the switch is off the cable.

What do you mean, "Never use pre-made cables?" Do you mean don't use the cables that were already there?

Disassembled the OSD switch:

Black and Brown go to "GND", so I'm assuming that since the black wire leaves that solder point with the Red and Green power wires, that's ground for power, and Brown is ground for the video signal

Yellow, Red, and Green bypass all solder points on the switch; I'm assuming the yellow then is my video signal and the Red & Green are (+) and (-) DC power respectively.

The white is soldered to the OSD at a point labeled "DOW." No clue what that's for yet, but I'm assuming it's for the OSD toggle to operate.

So, my best guess is: Red to my 12vDC (+), Green to my 12vDC (-)

Yellow to my RG59 copper core for video, Brown to my RG59 ground shield mesh.

Any thoughts as to what/where/whether to ground the Black and whether I've got the right guess on Red/Green as +/-?

So, my best guess is: Red to my 12vDC (+), Green to my 12vDC (-)

Yellow to my RG59 copper core for video, Brown to my RG59 ground shield mesh.

hi. it will be best if you contact the company who repaired your camera and ask them to send you a new fly lead. and fit that back to your camera.

the reason being if you cut out the OSD you have no camera menu settings for setup.

Without that will it just take defaults or just not work?

The company that repaired the camera was very helpful and working with me on getting the leads matched up right until they decided to call the manufacturer for more info and then all of a sudden it was "We don't support that configuration" for everything I asked. I've dissected the rubber covering the OSD, so if I had to solder it back together and attach some longer leads to it I could I this point. Wouldn't that get me up and running at least long enough to run through any set up I had to do? Even if I do get this camera up and running, that OSD is about 3' from the camera, 20' in the air, at least 80' from the DVR and distro panel. That means to set anything up I'll have to radio back to my assistant while one of us is up in the basket at the camera and the other is at the panel.

Because thats the way you are supposed to do it.

Use plugs and they can come loose, so join the wires properly.

it must have had plugs on to have warranty.

Thats a crappy supplier then.

I cut them all the time and have sent back many cameras and warranty was never an issue. The power plugs on the end of bullet and dome cameras are just to help DIYs, they are not PART of the camera. In fact in most cases you can take their camera cable off completely and put on one from another camera. The cables cost a few cents its nothing to loose a warranty over.

Rory hope that is a joke ???

buy a camera with OSD fly lead. chop it off and throw over your shoulder WHY

He was talking about cutting the power plug off, right??

I'm all in at this point: clipped off the PTZ toggle which exposed *6* wires: Black, red, green, yellow, white, Brown. Black, red, green obviously went out to the 12vDC power plug, and it appears that yellow and brown went to the moulded BNC plug. What of the white?

what PTZ toggle? What wire did you cut???

You said you cut the power wire?

That camera is not a PTZ?

Post a photo of the wire you cut and what colors come off it.

Going by the PDF its just one cable coming from the camera and splits off to video and power.

Normally there will be something right before the split where the manufacturer joins the wires, you will need to cut that and the clear sealer open so you can see what wires join to what. If there is not with some cameras you will need to take the camera OUT of the housing to see where the wires join. Sometimes the IR will be powered with a separate wire that joins to the final power wires. Ive gutted alot of these type of cameras and they can vary these days.

my bad, didnt see where he cut all the leads and they come with an OSD cable also.

thought he was just talking about cutting the power plug off which is normal.

Yes, I agree on Rory point of view, it is IR bullet camera, unless it features OSD button cable where it allow you to set up the parameter, so better way you should check with supplier does it works fro that, and it did you should required the unit to remote.

Again it is certainly not PTZ camera.

You wouldn't have to do all that if you used a remote monitor.

That's not really an option here. Again: I was asked to come in and put up these cameras that fell down after being installed by someone else. Adding to the system is not an option, especially since this facility is moving by the end of March and they don't want to spend any more money than necessary. These cameras are only going back up because corporate dials into them and is demanding that they go back up.