Arockerdude

Is This Geovision DVR System Adequate?

My nephew is thinking about buying this system. What do you guy's think? Is it adequate? Will it handle direct draw overlay? I don't see how this guy can sale them so cheap. It seems to me a Geovision 800 card alone is going for around $499.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GeoVision-GV-800-16Ch-DVR-Surveillance-System-1TB-V8-4-IP-camera-support-/180757441775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a15fbacef

Hi. taken from your E-crap listing

Warranty

All Hardware components come with a standard one year warranty from their respective manufacturers. Please contact the manufacturer directly for warranty service.

geo will not give you warranty from a 3rd party . you will waste $600

Its an Intel Atom processor (which is arguably underpowered for the job), with integrated graphics (also not recommended),

It might be that the price is right, but gut feeling says if its too good to be true, it generally is.

I agree with tomcctv, save yourself for a potential woe and keep your coin.

Do you guys think it is a real Geovision 800 card that can be removed and put in a better built system later. I see this person has 7 of these systems and others to choose from. I would think it is a real Geovision 800 card if it is running the 8.5 software. Right?

Do you guys think it is a real Geovision 800 card that can be removed and put in a better built system later. I see this person has 7 of these systems and others to choose from.

Hi geo 800 16 will cost $500 -$600. so i think it is safe to say you will be buying a clone. no support at all and you have NO warranty. geo clones have become a big problem

we have just saved you alot of money buy something that works with it - Qvis Apollo Pro

16 way (dahua) will do the same as the geo and more and its got warranty

Seriously, Imitation hardware never has the same capabilities as the original.

I haven't seen one run it yet but i'm not about say they don't exist.

If there is anything I have picked up on its the GV 800 is the big one that they are cloning.

I'm still new here myself and i've already read the posts on how Imitation hardware and cracked software is frowned upon and rightly so.

So not only are you running the risk of running inferior hardware, but your also looking to loose the free support offer by the forum.

There are a large range of stand alone products out there which can do 16 channels which will probably cause you less grief, less features but it really depends what your wanting to do with it.

I love Geovision kit, but it has a time and place and if your not using all the advanced features.... then go for something cheaper and easier to use.

Is it true that only a real Geovision card will run the 8.4 software? Because this guy say's it is running Geovision 8.4 software.

go on admit it the E-crap post is yours. how many times have you talked about clone cards in your posts ....

geo 800 16 $550 your full built system $600 thats $50 for a new PC that cant be done.

this guy say's it is running Geovision 8.4 software.

this post might help cheap geo DVR = http://www.online-calculator.com/ crap

No it's not my add. And no offence taken. I see how them shysters try to sale there products on the forum all the time and I'm sure you and others are sick of it. I am extremely thankful for the time you and everyone else out here has taken to help me out over the years. " title="Applause" /> The guy admitted to my nephew this morning that it is a fake card but claimed it is running the newer software 8.3 I figured out they were fakes by looking over his reviews and seeing he used to sale 800 cards for $179. I see his stuff is all inferior junk and advised my nephew not to bite and he agreed. But a real Geovision card is not off the table.

He plans to get the Apollo (Dahua). But a real Geovision card is not off the table.

hi. am glad the guy was honest with you saves you a lot of problems. if you look at the dahua and a geo 800 the dahua is much better spec anyway

geovision is just selling on its name and so are the guys who sell the fake cards and software. geo needs to find a solution to the fake cards.