SectorSecurity

Dome Camera Drop Ceiling Mount

So I will be mouting some cameras to a high ceiling about 30ft high, and would like to drop the cameras down about 10ft or so. I will be mounting dome cameras. Does anyone know of any mounts that can allow me to drop down a dome camera from a ceiling?

Im sure I could come up with a solution of my own, but would look better if I could use a proper mount to accomplish this. I was thinking something like a ceiling mount, conduit pipe or something going down the length I need and some sort of mounting base?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Now I'm just a newbie in the security camera world, but this is what I have seen done locally.

Several grocery stores have used 4" electrical boxes, flat box cover plates, and 3/4" conduit. The finished installation consisted of a 4" box mounted to the ceiling, cover plate with the center hole punched out for a 3/4" conduit fitting, a length of 3/4" conduit down to where the camera is desired, another 4" box, and another cover plate.

The camera mounts to the cover plate and the wires are snaked through the conduit.

That is along the lines of what I was thinking, then I can decide how far I want to drop the camera, guess a trip to the hardware store is in order to look at what they have.

Now I'm just a newbie in the security camera world, but this is what I have seen done locally.

Several grocery stores have used 4" electrical boxes, flat box cover plates, and 3/4" conduit. The finished installation consisted of a 4" box mounted to the ceiling, cover plate with the center hole punched out for a 3/4" conduit fitting, a length of 3/4" conduit down to where the camera is desired, another 4" box, and another cover plate.

The camera mounts to the cover plate and the wires are snaked through the conduit.

I've done similar on a number of occasions. Standard 4" octagon box attached to the ceiling or a truss/beam with a sutiable cover plate - most of these plates have a knockout for a 1/2" fitting:

173500_1.jpg173500_2.jpg

If you're mounting to a tile in a T-bar ceiling, you could use this box, and a nice "finished" cover plate to keep it looking clean:

173500_3.jpg173500_4.jpg

When assembling it, I suggest drilling a hole in the conduit for the locking screw in the fitting to slot into, so help ensure things don't come apart.

^ everything he said but you can also use pendent mounts and dome cap, specific to your make/ model dome camera. most have standard threads that allow you to use threaded pipe that can be bought at any hardware store.

pipemount.jpg.2e11b766315c7bf04e331b9354fb5507.jpg