myplace46

D1 recording, frame rate question

Hey guys,

Just need someone to clue me in on the best setting for my DVR.

I'm supposed to be able to record in CIF, HD1 and D1. However, when I try to record in a higher resolution I have to cut back on the frame rate.

In order to record in D1, I have to drop my frame rate down to 7 fps. I'm guessing the reason is because I bought a cheap DVR (live and learn) but,

I'm wondering what is the best setting for me to use to get the best IQ when recording on my unit. do I gain anything by using D1 if I

have to reduce my fps down to 7?

Thanks,

John

Hi John. D1 @ 7fps is not bad (some will only do 3fps) you are best using D1 you can get more fps but the quality will be Cif. best having D1 with a lower fps than cif at a high fps.

i dont know the make of your dvr but some china units are listed at ips which is not the same as fps

30 ips = 15 fps 15 ips = 7.5 fps

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this stuff.

I also think I'll be investing in some higher grade gear somewhere down the line that will give me the IQ I want.

Thanks again,

John

Thanks for clearing that up for me guys. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this stuff.

I also think I'll be investing in some higher grade gear somewhere down the line that will give me the IQ I want.

Thanks again,

John

For the most part, that is going to require IP cameras. Analog is pretty much a fixed resolution across the board. Granted, a really cheap camera won't have as good of an image as a better quality unit, but overall things top out pretty quickly. Years ago there was much more of a delta between the low-end and high-end gear. You'd see things like 420 line cameras, or cameras that had really low res in black and white, etc. But now that the analog gear is so commoditized, pretty much everything is putting out a full-res signal. As long you don't use garbage for lenses, you'll see relatively little difference camera to camera.

Image quality is primarily a factor of pixels on target... more pixels = better detail. The analog NTSC video standard has a fixed resolution and no way to go any higher, though you WILL see gimmicks like "700 TV Line cameras", your recorder and monitor are still going to show you the same 520 lines.

Hi John,

As you questioned, the key point is how the supplier to design the logic computing and where how many DSP/SOC they utlize.

I agree guy's feedback, 9if your project is not strick and tight, it would be enough for capture status change in hot spot to set up motion detect.

By thee way, if you need D1 in recording, live view and play back, pls cpontact me, I think our stuf would be reach the bar.

Joseph Chen