liveinxs

PTZ Question

hello,

does anyone have any input on the following PTZ camera..the GVI Video Plus 36x Outdoor PTZ Camera, AHP-3136S...

i can't seem to be able to find any reviews of it or the company that makes it...

thanks

GVI used to be an affiliate/offshoot of Samsung, so I'd expect it to be a pretty decent camera. Most of the prices I've found for it are around $1200, and since you get what you pay for, to a large extent, in this business, I'd say that's a good indicator as well. The specs on it look good - TDN, 1/3" CCD, etc.

GVI used to be an affiliate/offshoot of Samsung, so I'd expect it to be a pretty decent camera. Most of the prices I've found for it are around $1200, and since you get what you pay for, to a large extent, in this business, I'd say that's a good indicator as well. The specs on it look good - TDN, 1/3" CCD, etc.

Are they still around, when i go online to see what they are about, i see many sites that speak of their products being discontinued...

Are they still around, when i go online to see what they are about, i see many sites that speak of their products being discontinued...

There was a thread about this in the Dealers forum a while back. If memory serves, Samsung kicked GVI out of bed, and GVI pretty much folded after that. Should be able to find more info by googling.

There was a thread about this in the Dealers forum a while back. If memory serves, Samsung kicked GVI out of bed, and GVI pretty much folded after that. Should be able to find more info by googling.

yes i just found a article on the split, but i was happy to hear that Samsung was involved, we know they build quality items..

i just won a brand new GVI Video Plus 36x Outdoor PTZ Camera, AHP-3136S off eBay, for 335.00 + free delivery, these things listed for MSRP: $2250, i am gonna guess i got a killer deal...

i can't post a link, but this seller has a lot of more of these cameras, selling, NO RESERVE...

thanks for your help Soundy...

Hi Eric,

Those are pretty nice PTZ's from what I hear. GVI had a liquidation auction recently and those were selling for some really killer deals, but you had to buy 50 at a time. I have dealt with alot of GVi equipment and most of it is really good quality. They used to make stuff for Samsung and also they had a thing worked out with LG their for a while. Ever since they lost their contract with Samsung, things went down financially for them. With that being said, the quality of equipment they have is very good, but dont expect any type of warrranty with it because they are no longer a company anymore. But if its brand new and works right out of the box, chances are, it should last you a good while.

Hi Eric,

Those are pretty nice PTZ's from what I hear. GVI had a liquidation auction recently and those were selling for some really killer deals, but you had to buy 50 at a time. I have dealt with alot of GVi equipment and most of it is really good quality. They used to make stuff for Samsung and also they had a thing worked out with LG their for a while. Ever since they lost their contract with Samsung, things went down financially for them. With that being said, the quality of equipment they have is very good, but dont expect any type of warrranty with it because they are no longer a company anymore. But if its brand new and works right out of the box, chances are, it should last you a good while.

hey Sean,

yes, the specs seem really nice.....that's what i was thinking, that this eBay seller must have a lot of them to be selling so cheap..

this is brand new, still in wrapped box, so i should have no problems...

yes, the warranty issue, had me a bit worried at first, but ebay offers some type of warranty , where you can get coverage anywhere from one to five years..its from a company called SquareTrades, its is through eBay, so i should be good, even if the warranty is 100.00 for 5 years, i am still way ahead of the game, a 2200.00 PTZ for 335.00, you can't go wrong..

i am just so psyched....now i just have to locate a corner exterior mount...

heres a link to another of these cameras, that ends in about 4 hours...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140661620073?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I'd be interested in seeing some videos of that thing in action whenever you get it installed

yes, as soon as i get that camera up and running, i will PM you and also post video....

I also have purchased GVI Video Plus PTZ's. 6 outdoor. 12 zoom and 36 zoom. Their is no outdoor Wall mounts in the box. I have been searching for the GVI PTZ wall mounts with no luck. The model I have is AHP-3112S. Do any one know where I can get these.

I also have purchased GVI Video Plus PTZ's. 6 outdoor. 12 zoom and 36 zoom. Their is no outdoor Wall mounts in the box. I have been searching for the GVI PTZ wall mounts with no luck. The model I have is AHP-3112S. Do any one know where I can get these.

well after a lot of research, i found that the Vitek outdoor mounts will work for us, the following mounts are the ones i bought, should have in a few days, they are being drop shipped to me...

http://www.surveillance-video.com/vtptzwamo.html

http://www.surveillance-video.com/vtptzcomoad.html

btw, i just score the GVI KYB-300 PTZ/DVR controller, same ebay seller...

hello,

does anyone have any input on the following PTZ camera..the GVI Video Plus 36x Outdoor PTZ Camera, AHP-3136S...

i can't seem to be able to find any reviews of it or the company that makes it...

thanks

They are amazing

img0896d-2.jpg

img0897m-2.jpg

well after a lot of research, i found that the Vitek outdoor mounts will work for us, the following mounts are the ones i bought, should have in a few days, they are being drop shipped to me...

Have you been able to get the KYB-300 controller to work with the gvi ptz's? My first attempt lasted 5 hours with no joy.

Connecting the gvi ptz directly to the KYB-300 via 2 wire rs-485, I can get the controller to recognize the ptz at the correct camera number when I do the initialize command from the main menu but then when I switch to the ptz menu, no commands work. Am trying to use pelco d 9600 protocol and I am guessing since the initialize procedure recognizes the camera, the protocol and baud rate are good.

After executing the initialize command and having the camera (address 02) recognized, I exit the main controller menu and select the ptz menu. When I enter camera 002 I get a very brief notice that the dome is not recognized or something to that effect but when I enter 002 to select camera 2 to be controlled by the controller a second time, it comes up as camera 002 pelco d with no errors but none of the ptz control function.

So, would be interested if you have been able to control the gvi ptz's with the KYB-300 and if so, what is the trick?

Thanks

Have you been able to get the KYB-300 controller to work with the gvi ptz's? My first attempt lasted 5 hours with no joy.

Connecting the gvi ptz directly to the KYB-300 via 2 wire rs-485, I can get the controller to recognize the ptz at the correct camera number when I do the initialize command from the main menu but then when I switch to the ptz menu, no commands work. Am trying to use pelco d 9600 protocol and I am guessing since the initialize procedure recognizes the camera, the protocol and baud rate are good.

After executing the initialize command and having the camera (address 02) recognized, I exit the main controller menu and select the ptz menu. When I enter camera 002 I get a very brief notice that the dome is not recognized or something to that effect but when I enter 002 to select camera 2 to be controlled by the controller a second time, it comes up as camera 002 pelco d with no errors but none of the ptz control function.

So, would be interested if you have been able to control the gvi ptz's with the KYB-300 and if so, what is the trick?

Thanks

Finally had time to experiment a little more and was able to get the gvi ptz camera and controller keyboard working in "video plus" protocol mode which I guess is their home grown protocol but I need to get some variant of pelco protocol working as I have an everfocus ptz I would like to control from this gvi controller keyboard also. I tried pelco d 9600 and pelco d 4800 and could not get either to work.

Any one have any suggestions on how to get the gvi keyboard controller to work with cameras set to pelco d (any baud rate) protocol??

Thanks

Hello guys . I recently bought a used gvi 3136s , with out the power connector or setup manual. is there a way to get that online this is my first ptz camera and I really need the manual I have no clue on what id , site , or protocol is set to ,also the ac adapter is missing can some one tell me what kind I need for this ptz . thank you so much and excuse my writing this is my second language . Thank you again.

hello,

thanks

They are amazing

img0896d-2.jpg

img0897m-2.jpg

Nice. How many holes did you have to drill or were you able to use some of the holes in that installation? And how did you get the cabling into the gararge, did you have to drill through more stuff? I want to put my ptz in a similar location, but also, I don't want the neighbors to know it exists, so, I don't know if there is any hope for me. Presently, my ptz is in the house looking out the kitchen window and it is so under-utilized this way.

I want to put my ptz in a similar location, but also, I don't want the neighbors to know it exists, so, I don't know if there is any hope for me.

There are enough times in life when you have to do what someone else says. It's your home and your security. You put that camera where you want. If anyone makes a stink about it, let them know that a camera like this can help keep an eye on the whole block all night long, which keeps EVERYBODY a little safer and more secure. All at zero cost to THEM. So, hang that sucker.

I want to put my ptz in a similar location, but also, I don't want the neighbors to know it exists, so, I don't know if there is any hope for me.

There are enough times in life when you have to do what someone else says. It's your home and your security. You put that camera where you want. If anyone makes a stink about it, let them know that a camera like this can help keep an eye on the whole block all night long, which keeps EVERYBODY a little safer and more secure. All at zero cost to THEM. So, hang that sucker.

The problem is there is a catch-22 to everything. Sometimes, having a camera out can cause people to act differently when you might not want them to, it could even cause vandalism to the house\yard (i.e., sometimes teenagers might do things to the property in protest of the surveillance, etc.), or someone might try to take it, or throw stuff at it, or break it just for the hell of it, or shoot at it with a beebe gun, or a paintball gun, or try to wreck it with a powerful green lazer. And even though you would record the event, if the purp is one of their friends, it might be a pain tracking them down.

But regardless, sometimes, you might want to just go the stealth route, and not want anyone to know the surveillance exists.

I just wish the stealth route for ptz's was a bit easier. I can't think of any good ways to disguise a ptz though, due to the almost 360 degree rotation. Maybe a fancy looking birdhouse with tinted windows or something, you know, a really pimped out bird house.

Anyone here ever have good luck disguising a ptz and not hinder the 360 degree rotation? Any stories?

I think your description is a perfect example of how fear can paralize you. I would only suggest you choose life over fear. Otherwise, get rid of your ptz. The worst that can happen is the ptz gets ripped off or destroyed. Not a big loss really- it's being wasted as it is right now anyway. Best case senario, it does what it's supposed to do, installed where it can help you the most. I also think that YOU may be more aware of the thing than anyone else would really be. You're not hanging a flag...it's a camera. In a couple weeks I'll be hanging my ptz on the front of the house. I'm sensitive to it being a larger camera than all the rest too, not to mention it's a domeless type. But from out at the street, it gets a whole lot smaller to the eye. And bottom line, I want it out there. I didn't buy it to point out a kitchen window, after all.

I think your description is a perfect example of how fear can paralize you. I would only suggest you choose life over fear. Otherwise, get rid of your ptz. The worst that can happen is the ptz gets ripped off or destroyed. Not a big loss really- it's being wasted as it is right now anyway. Best case senario, it does what it's supposed to do, installed where it can help you the most. I also think that YOU may be more aware of the thing than anyone else would really be. You're not hanging a flag...it's a camera. In a couple weeks I'll be hanging my ptz on the front of the house. I'm sensitive to it being a larger camera than all the rest too, not to mention it's a domeless type. But from out at the street, it gets a whole lot smaller to the eye. And bottom line, I want it out there. I didn't buy it to point out a kitchen window, after all.

It's not really about fear in my case. I mean, yeah, the people across the street are drug dealers, and I have been getting amazing evidence and close up shots with the ptz (a couple purchases per night) even being in the front window only, but, it's more that I just don't want anyone to know, it's really not any of their business. I do realize that I notice cameras way more than the average individual, but some of these ptz's are rather large with the environmental enclosures and sometimes they can really stick out, or even, just not look good.

They don't really blend in very well sometimes, unfortunately.

I'm sure eventualy I'll get it outside when I can disguise it at least a little bit, it's my longer term goal. But, admittedly, I am more into stealth applications than most. I can't even drive a car without tint because I hate people so much. I don't like them looking at me. I don't like the obligation of having to wave at someone. Yeah, I've got some problems. Personality disorders? I have more than anyone on this forum, I will guarantee you that.

But I must also quote Stephen King.... "Perfect Paranoia is Perfect Awareness."

Remember: it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you!

Also: if you want to learn more about paranoid people, just follow them around.

Hello guys . I recently bought a used gvi 3136s , with out the power connector or setup manual. is there a way to get that online this is my first ptz camera and I really need the manual I have no clue on what id , site , or protocol is set to ,also the ac adapter is missing can some one tell me what kind I need for this ptz . thank you so much and excuse my writing this is my second language . Thank you again.

This is a relatively large PDF in a zipped file of over 9 megs. Original size is over 22 megs. Although specifically for the 3120 the settings used will be the same since the biggest difference is of course the CCD in the 36x dome. Too big to post or email so I thought I would use the old Rapidshare standby in order to assist your needs.

The file will be deleted in a week's time.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1017992922/GVI_Manual.zip