MAD King

Camera in Car

Hello,

maybe someone can help me.

I would like to install a camera into my car so that I can record while I am driving.

Is this possible and how can I do this?

Thank you

Are their specific requirements? If you just want to record a drive, get a GoPro.

http://gopro.com/hd-hero2-cameras/

They don't work in low light at all, but are otherwise awesome for this type of stuff. We've mounted them to wake boards, ATV's, bikes, boats, etc.

Hello,

It is geared to sproing field, the traffic condition is more complex, e.g. haed light, street light...

Hello,

I would like to install a camera into my car so that I can record while I am driving.

Thank you

hi take a look at the T-EYE it has been around for some years and is a very good reliable little unit. 2 cameras/google maps/speed

Hello,

Thank you

hi take a look at the T-EYE it has been around for some years and is a very good reliable little unit. 2 cameras/google maps/speed

I don't think that's quite what he's looking for - "Unique in-car system that records video and audio up to three minutes before and one minute after a collision."

Sounds like he wants an ongoing, running recording while he's driving around.

I know a number of guys who do this using a simple flash-memory camcorder or even pocket camera mounted to the dash. I've done it using my phone on a windshield mount.

Lotta discussion on it here: http://www.revscene.net/forums/650435-how-many-you-drive-video-cam-rolling.html

Visit your local electronic store. For example in our stores there are tens of different car recording devices with different resolutions, outputs and other options. Some of them can record speed, GPS data, acceleration, sound. As a rule they are mounted on the wind screen or rear-view mirror. They are newfangled auto accessory, some my friends use them.

But I plan to make special bracket to mount hight-quality HD camcorder with good optical zoom in my car for traveling.

Yesterday in a store I seen a special glasses with 5MP camera for active sport and another waterresistant one for diving:)

Visit your local electronic store. For example in our stores there are tens of different car recording devices with different resolutions, outputs and other options. Some of them can record speed, GPS data, acceleration, sound. As a rule they are mounted on the wind screen or rear-view mirror. They are newfangled auto accessory, some my friends use them.

But I plan to make special bracket to mount hight-quality HD camcorder with good optical zoom in my car for traveling.

Yesterday in a store I seen a special glasses with 5MP camera for active sport and another waterresistant one for diving:)

The Go Pros are more for sport - but you can easily eBay a nice car blackbox for security !

We put Mobotix Q24 cameras in busses and semi's for 360 degree coverage. The bus companies want something that can see every seat and the semi owners want to make sure their drivers aren't drinking or playing with themselves in the cab (a huge un-told issue). Cabbies also use other cameras, so yes its possible, you can use a 12volt dc camera and simple NAS.

We put Mobotix Q24 cameras in busses and semi's for 360 degree coverage. The bus companies want something that can see every seat and the semi owners want to make sure their drivers aren't drinking or playing with themselves in the cab (a huge un-told issue). Cabbies also use other cameras, so yes its possible, you can use a 12volt dc camera and simple NAS.

try here www.rfconcepts.co.uk they do cctv and all different types of cameras hope that helps

Take a look at the Blackvue DR300G carmera.

http://www.incarcamerasystems.co.uk/BlackVue_DR300G.php

Takes power from a 12v supply, records to a microSD card all the time and has GPS to record speed/location info. It's also small enough to fit in front of the main mirror and not be spotted easily.

They also have a HD version, the DR400G, coming soon (or out now).