Bluzman23

power supply question

Hi all,

I just hooked up a LTS brand Ul listed 18 channel 10 Amp power supply 12 V dc.

Its model DV-AT1210A-D10 I attached 3 fixed cams to it and 1 ptz, all were working previously from independant 12v plug in power supply's. upon powering up the new power supply, all 18 green led lights inside blink, reguardless of weather there is a cam terminated on them or not. I checked the fuses and they are good. Digital multimeter shows no voltage output on the 12volt terminals . Does anyone know off hand what the bliinking led signifies? could the polarity be reversed? Maybe I answered my own question..

I am thinking the thing is shot. It is a brand new unit.

Any Help would be great.

Found Problem, It was a Polarity issue along with one set of wires having a short to ground on one leg. Off to troubleshooting the short.

Hi all,

I just hooked up a LTS brand Ul listed 18 channel 10 Amp power supply 12 V dc.

Its model DV-AT1210A-D10 I attached 3 fixed cams to it and 1 ptz, all were working previously from independant 12v plug in power supply's. upon powering up the new power supply, all 18 green led lights inside blink, reguardless of weather there is a cam terminated on them or not. I checked the fuses and they are good. Digital multimeter shows no voltage output on the 12volt terminals . Does anyone know off hand what the bliinking led signifies? could the polarity be reversed? Maybe I answered my own question..

I am thinking the thing is shot. It is a brand new unit.

Any Help would be great.

From my experience these power supplies only provide 1AMP per terminal and some of LTS cameras pull more than an AMP, makes them useless almost.

The output terminals in almost all power cans are parallel circuits and any ONE terminal is capable of outputting the full current available from the regulator or transformer (or up to the rating of the fuse on that channel). If the supply is capable of 8 amps, you could put an 8A fuse in a channel and run a full 8A from that output. There's nothing actually limiting the current output of a channel.

The output terminals in almost all power cans are parallel circuits and any ONE terminal is capable of outputting the full current available from the regulator or transformer (or up to the rating of the fuse on that channel). If the supply is capable of 8 amps, you could put an 8A fuse in a channel and run a full 8A from that output. There's nothing actually limiting the current output of a channel.

Ok I did not know that, but where do we find higher amp rated fuses for these boxes?