coreyman

Ground Loop in System, DVR has Ground, where to connect?

(...) I used a single cat5e for every camera, ran power on green and green white, ran video on orange and orangewhite with passive baluns. (...)

Using only two wires on a Cat5e cable would also be a problem; every balun I have seen that pases 12V power over Cat5 cable uses 2 pairs (4 wires) for the power.

It's eBay. It LIES.

ebay_is_cheaper_for_a_reason_Motivationa-2.jpg

we still run siamese for a lot of analog cameras. cat 6 for POE and have run a lot of cameras to a power supply using siamese and then sent the signal across a long distance using baluns.

(...) I used a single cat5e for every camera, ran power on green and green white, ran video on orange and orangewhite with passive baluns. (...)

Using only two wires on a Cat5e cable would also be a problem; every balun I have seen that pases 12V power over Cat5 cable uses 2 pairs (4 wires) for the power.

It's eBay. It LIES.

ebay_is_cheaper_for_a_reason_Motivationa-1.jpg

If power was the problem it wouldn't turn on.

So you will spend the time to make it look good but you don't wanna spend the money for the right product to make it right Doesn't make much sense

Use good baluns and get swap out that power supply and your problems will go away.

So you will spend the time to make it look good but you don't wanna spend the money for the right product to make it right Doesn't make much sense

Use good baluns and get swap out that power supply and your problems will go away.

I'm not understanding you?

I'm going to get some good baluns, I never said I wasnt.. (Actually I've already bought the baluns from my supplier and I'm going to install them tomorrow.)

Don't have a need to swap out the 12VDC 5AMP Power Supply, so I don't know why it's being suggested all of the sudden?

I know its a bit late, but one of our client said he connected the ground screw in the back of the DVR to one of the negative terminal of the power box which ran all his cameras and cleared up the images on the DVR.