paulnye

12V PTZ no power over 200ft siamese, but will 2 ft away.

This strikes me as the Law of Diminishing Returns.

If this is a cheap no-name PTZ, all this effort to resolve the 12VDC issue might well be the beginning of your problems. I hope the PTZ internals are substantially built PCBs; motors; fans; belts; with a brand name camera module. If they are not, you may be chasing down annoying little problems from now on - until individual parts of the unit begin to fail. If it is a substantially built PTZ then it is certainly worth the effort. But this gets me back to the question of 24-28VAC versus 12VDC. Most of the quality generic Chinese PTZ units now take almost any voltage offered by the Power Supplies mentioned. A generic PTZ that only takes 12VDC today, appears to be a sign that the manufacturer is not a serious contender.

3.6 Amps is some juicy amperage for one camera. I have never seen one that high. Is it a PTZ with IR on it?

Yeah, although the brochure says its '3.6A max', they supplied a 1.5A which works fine if close enough. I ended up moving the AC adapter closer (100ft away) still using the 18/2 on the siamese and its now fine. It seems 200ft is too far, 100ft is 'ok'. Still not sure why its says 3.6, anyway.

It does appear to be decent construction and quality moving parts.

3.6 Amps is some juicy amperage for one camera. I have never seen one that high. Is it a PTZ with IR on it?

Yeah, although the brochure says its '3.6A max', they supplied a 1.5A which works fine if close enough. I ended up moving the AC adapter closer (100ft away) still using the 18/2 on the siamese and its now fine. It seems 200ft is too far, 100ft is 'ok'. Still not sure why its says 3.6, anyway.

It does appear to be decent construction and quality moving parts.

if it needs 3.6a, then supplying just 1.5a will kill it.

get a 5A one time.