paulnye

Recommendation for a PTZ less that $800

Im looking for an outdoor speed dome, approx 22X zoom, no IR needed, tilt 0-90 deg! pans 0-200deg/sec.Has anyone got a recommendation for something that is quality made, and is not more than $800?

So the a budget of $800 is for the speed dome alone?

In other words, you already have:

(i) the keyboard controller

(ii) the power supply

(iii) a DVR

(iv) wall/pole mounts

(v) the necessary cabling installed

And you intend to install it yourself presumably?

So the a budget of $800 is for the speed dome alone?

In other words, you already have:

(i) the keyboard controller

(ii) the power supply

(iii) a DVR

(iv) wall/pole mounts

(v) the necessary cabling installed

And you intend to install it yourself presumably?

Yes, I have all the components already and I will install myself. I am simply replacing a broken PTZ and have $800 budget just for the camera

Seems like CNB is a reputable brand, and I found the SDN-22Z27F to be a current model boasting good specs. I found it for $588, and cant wait to test it.

That's a lot of smack for a name, cause those specs are found in many ptz's I've looked at when browsing lately, at better prices than that.

hi. the specs will be seen by many sellers some may be ture some not. its all down to build quality and standing by there product.

many people go on about the CNB being an expensive name it is infact the opposite. yes you can buy the same spec for a few $$ less and have 1 year warranty or just a few more $$$ have a good 5 years warranty

That's a lot of smack for a name, cause those specs are found in many ptz's I've looked at when browsing lately, at better prices than that.

hi. the specs will be seen by many sellers some may be ture some not. its all down to build quality and standing by there product.

many people go on about the CNB being an expensive name it is infact the opposite. yes you can buy the same spec for a few $$ less and have 1 year warranty or just a few more $$$ have a good 5 years warranty

Tom,

Unless I would purchase a few different ones and check them out fully, how would I know about the build quality?

Do you have a recommendation for the one for a few more dollars, has 5 yrs, and has good quality build?

The CNB came today. Just by handling it I am impressed with the build quality and attention to detail concerning weatherproofing.

Can you post a link to the Revo?

Yes, I have all the components already and I will install myself. I am simply replacing a broken PTZ and have $800 budget just for the camera

How are you going to control it?

With a joystick. I have it working on the bench right now.

With a joystick. I have it working on the bench right now.

Ok because for most PTZ you need the controller that came from the same brand to get full features and speed.

I agree with you 100% Tom. I have a 20+ year old Panasonic PTZ that I picked up for 50 bucks at a swap meet a couple years back. I must admit though, when I purchased it, I was only after the housing and the Pan/Tilt base. They originated in a local prison and the housing was bullet proof. It was a plus that the camera worked though I've purchased some No Name ebay PTZ's from reputable ebay sellers for $300 or less, and 2 months later the electronics on the Knock offs have crapped out.That 20 year old Panasonic is still going strong. I prefer to spend more now and not have to hassle with being on a 25 foot ladder replacing it later.

Ok because for most PTZ you need the controller that came from the same brand to get full features and speed.

Thanks for the heads up, I thought you only needed a joystick that runs compatible protocol and baud rate. So far I can control the CNB PTZ, but next I need to see if I can navigate the menu, setup some presets and cruise paths, and maybe make the picture look a bit better than the default setting.