need2shave

Where to buy concealment devices

I'm looking for a supplier who sells concealment devices for surveillance applications - utility boxes, etc. I don't want a configured system, just the concealment so we can build our own system. Anyone know where to buy these? Thanks!

Where in the world area you? Also what is the location you want to conceal in is it a garden, a car park or a yard? You'd need to consider something that would not look out of place in such locations so a watertight junction box on a wall might not look out of place in an industrial setting but a bird-box might, in contrast the opposite is also relevant.

I think you probably would want to buy in your own country so let us know where that is.

Generally, you should make your own, the concealments available commercially aren't that wonderful and usually contain a camera which 90% of the time is not suitable for purpose.

I'm in the U.S.; western PA to be precise. I've seen the configured systems concealed in utility boxes, transformers, etc. I don't want the configured system (I can build that myself for a much better price) but I've been unsuccessful in just finding the shell for sale. I'm always looking to expand on the covert systems my company utilizes, and would like to explore options for future projects. We do our own concealments for various systems, but I'd like to explore options for pre-made shells. I haven't found any vendors here in the U.S....so I'd be open to buying from across the pond if you have a recommendation. Thanks!

need2shave.... I am in your same boat. I have been looking for pre build covert housings and all of the ones that I have found I can build cheaper. Plus we have found every customer is different so you will need to adapt for every customer.

I'm looking for various options such as a utility box that can hold a camera, dvr, and battery. I just thought I'd check to see what if anything was readily available. If there are no suppliers, I'll just do it myself as TWG suggested...appreciate the feedback!

Have some vinyl stickers made up that say "Verizon" "Comcast" "High Voltage", etc. Then, just affix a sticker to a random NEMA box.

Some things for this to look believable...

Use a decent quality sticker, but don't make it TOO fancy.

Don't use anything you can buy at Home Depot for the enclosure, order something online that looks rugged or just uncommon. Verizon wouldn't go to Home Depot and buy a $15 NEMA-4 plastic junction box to hold their equipment...

Store these outdoors when not in use, or otherwise find a way to make them not look "new" when first installed so that they don't catch too much attention.

The problem is that what you are asking for is a relatively low-volume business. So, yes, you could build something cheaper yourself, because when you buy it the original seller needs to make enough margin on it to make HIS efforts worthwhile. It's kind of a chicken and egg problem. There is not to my knowledge any reliable source of "empty covert housings to put cameras in". Everybody just kind of improvises.

I'm looking for a supplier who sells concealment devices for surveillance applications - utility boxes, etc. I don't want a configured system, just the concealment so we can build our own system. Anyone know where to buy these? Thanks!

Just go to Home Depot and pick up a dumb rock. It's hollow.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=100598432&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC%2d%5f%2dnosearch2%2d4%2d%5f%2dNA%2d%5f%2d100598432%2d%5f%2dN

Because it's low to the ground, you might get a lot of upskirt action, but would that really be so bad?

I actually own one of these. I use it for covering up an electrical outlet used by a pond, but I've often contemplated the surveillance applications of them as well. At the same time, to be honest, I am also giggling.

Perhaps you could use this rock and put a large Comcast sticker on it. The best of both worlds.

188599_1.jpg