Zohan

Camera(s) for home health

Does anyone do cameras to keep an eye on the elderly?

I got a call from someone who wants to do a couple of cams to keep an eye on her 90+ year old mother.

1. I don't even think I want to be involved in that...i'm thinking of any liability issue

2. just out of curiosity if I were to do, what do you guys use, the small ip cams in a couple rooms, no recording just streaming or do you put in dvr?

thanks

Does anyone do cameras to keep an eye on the elderly?

I got a call from someone who wants to do a couple of cams to keep an eye on her 90+ year old mother.

1. I don't even think I want to be involved in that...i'm thinking of any liability issue

2. just out of curiosity if I were to do, what do you guys use, the small ip cams in a couple rooms, no recording just streaming or do you put in dvr?

thanks

you may have problems if using a DVR. no point in recording in this situation. we have and still supply IP cameras (budget avtech) and we make a wireless fob to which the elderly person wears all the time. any problems they press fob and images with audio are sent to email of mobile.

AVN80X_1-1.jpg

thanks tom...are you an integrator or a dealer, or both?

What do you mean you 'make' a fob?

Are you worried about liability in case that fob doesnt work the one time it has to?

Are you worried about the audio recording legalities?

How does that fob communicate to the camera?

What is the ir range and how bad is the night image?

Is there a wireless version?

I am curious about this setup now..

Are you worried about liability in case that fob doesnt work the one time it has to?

hi it all depends on how you sell the product sell as monitoring and not life saving. the fob is just a remote signal back to the camera alarm input.

with net work anything can go down so liability is always around ... so it how you sell and document your product.

I sent you a PM.....

Also, can you link me to the fob trans. and receiver you are talking about...?

I'd like to check that out more

thx

I sent you a PM.....

Also, can you link me to the fob trans. and receiver you are talking about...?

I'd like to check that out more

thx

hi. any key fob transmitter for the elderly will do if it has a alarm output.

115592Panic20keyfob_small-1.jpg

thanks

have to run out right now but will google when i get back

i am not clear on how that would interface to the ip cam.... IE, how does it trip the alarm input on the avtech cam?

Zohan,

I have been studying this product for a while since my supplier http://www.microcom.us/avn80x.html mentioned to me, or click the datasheet link or go to eagleeyescctv.com. The AVtech camera has a dry contact inputs and outputs for example releasing a door strike, or you could wire the output of this http://www.utcfssecurityproducts.com/ProductsAndServices/Pages/60-760-01-95R.aspx Quik Bridge GE product to the input on the camera to "push video" to someone when they press a panic button.

It seems like a great product for indoors, live monitoring and 2 way audio, but pulling video for back up seems more difficult. I also wonder if the "pushed" video can be saved on an i phone etc. It has its limitations but could work in this instance, pc based software to set it up via IE. If you do go this route, post up on your results, I have some jobs these could be useful for.

Thanks e, or G

yeah this looks like an easy inexpensive solution. I am going to have to set this up for testing before i put in for a client. The cam looks good too for what it is...I followed the ge transmitter link, what kind of fob or keychain trans. will go along with that, do you have a link?

Thanks again, if I get this setup i'll def. post