Zohan

Looking for log in address for ipad

I have ipad demo for analog system but I haven't set up an app logging into a mp cam, 1.3 or above.

I need this to do a comparison for a potential client.

Does anyone know of one I could access from ipad app?

thx

Not sure I quite followed that... you want to connect to a remote system that has both analog and IP cams to demonstrate the difference?

at the least megapixel cams...doesnt have to have analog too because i can log into a couple others to show analog, but if it did have both at one site would be cool, but im looking for megapixel at the least so i can show the difference

It would depend on the system you are trying to connect to. Most DVR's/NVR's/IP Cameras use their own proprietary cell phone app.

But you can try an app called IPCamViewer that has support for various brands.

this is just for general comparison for an appt i have on tuesday.....

i really am thinking im going towards aver hybrids...for budget jobs i like how small the nano units are i can hide them in a structured wiring can....i like the rackmount units also....i want to replace my current dvr with one so i can show clients side by side comparison analog or mp.

2 problems right now though

1. TS just informed me mp cams do not look good through their app. ??

2. sound i think it was you that said the 1116 nano has problems...can u let me in on that, pm me if you feel more comfortable that way...

If I were to do a comparison, I would bring a laptop to where you can login into dvr and get a bigger view. And you probably have more robust viewing options this way too.

thanks, already tried that...says 'might take a few minutes to download' but never does just freezes

sorry i thought you wanted a iphone demo ...... nothing wrong with the link test http://live.dss.com.tw/mobile

the nano 16 is just a nano 8 with extra cameras low fps playback

If I were to do a comparison, I would bring a laptop to where you can login into dvr and get a bigger view. And you probably have more robust viewing options this way too.

i use my ipad

thanks, already tried that...says 'might take a few minutes to download' but never does just freezes

sorry i thought you wanted a iphone demo ...... nothing wrong with the link test http://live.dss.com.tw/mobile

the nano 16 is just a nano 8 with extra cameras low fps playback

7.5 fps is too low for resi?

ok, tried it with "/mobile" which wasnt listed before...it connects and works, but kinda crappy...definitely dont like the handyviewer

ok, tried it with "/mobile" which wasnt listed before...it connects and works, but kinda crappy...definitely dont like the handyviewer

zohan. you need to load the aver app first for ipad or iphone the ip with mobile at the end is just a static test and has nothing to do with remote viewing.

if you load and run the aver app then you will see a big differance.

nano 16 @7.5fps is only on single camera display go 4 8 or 16 camera display and you will see the problems

zohan. you need to load the aver app first for ipad or iphone the ip with mobile at the end is just a static test and has nothing to do with remote viewing.

if you load and run the aver app then you will see a big differance.

ok, yes i did that earlier...bad resolution on the images....not a good demo...

nano 16 @7.5fps is only on single camera display go 4 8 or 16 camera display and you will see the problems

are you saying it's worse than other dvrs at 7.5 fps, or is it worse because most 16 channel dvrs would have more fps, typically a 4 or even 8 channel would have 7.5 /channel and when displaying all channels on screen not a big deal but when displaying 16 channels at once is what causes it to bog down?

its brand new on the market started out as an 8 way. it has the same process power as the 4 and 8 nano which is not enough for it to be 16 way.

show 1 screen on playback or even 4 its fine go 8 or 16 then you may as well go make a coffee so as you have something to do while it tries to sort its self out.

i have been an aver installer for 8 years and this is the first time i will talk anyone out of using 1. and i will tell you also that aver knows of the problem i think you will see it replaced soon .

its brand new on the market started out as an 8 way. it has the same process power as the 4 and 8 nano which is not enough for it to be 16 way.

show 1 screen on playback or even 4 its fine go 8 or 16 then you may as well go make a coffee so as you have something to do while it tries to sort its self out.

i have been an aver installer for 8 years and this is the first time i will talk anyone out of using 1. and i will tell you also that aver knows of the problem i think you will see it replaced soon .

Tom, I just reread this post. So it is not in remote live view where there is a problem, only playback? I could live with that if the unit allows you to choose if you want to run 4 cmera playback instead of 8 or 16?

Tom, I just reread this post. So it is not in remote live view where there is a problem,

remote viewing is away from the unit (over network) and you will not get 7.5 fps

from the unit (monitor) 4 cameras are fine. but say you install in a gas station and you have a problem and its covered by 5-or 7 cameras. when you hit playback it is slow.

the system is fine for home use but not for commercial use

Tom, I just reread this post. So it is not in remote live view where there is a problem,

remote viewing is away from the unit (over network) and you will not get 7.5 fps

from the unit (monitor) 4 cameras are fine. but say you install in a gas station and you have a problem and its covered by 5-or 7 cameras. when you hit playback it is slow.

the system is fine for home use but not for commercial use

Yes I get all that..I tend to take literal ward is written word for word....you said the word "playback" so I took it to mean there was the problem during playback, not live view, either local or remote

i never mentioned anything about remote viewing.

So it is not in remote live view where there is a problem

live and remote are two different things.

remote will all depend on the network and to which you have the stream set to and it will always be a lower fps

that message means you have not used the ipad app. you have called up the webviewer. (you cant run that on iphone or pad.

i never mentioned anything about remote viewing.

So it is not in remote live view where there is a problem

live and remote are two different things.

This is what you said " from the unit (monitor) 4 cameras are fine. but say you install in a gas station and you have a problem and its covered by 5-or 7 cameras. when you hit playback it is slow "

So according to that I took it to mean 'playback' as you said....especially since you said when you have a problem and want to playback....which is recorded video, not live video. Live video can mean on site live viewing or remotely live viewing, the difference in viewing is either live or playback, not onsite/offsite....

that message means you have not used the ipad app. you have called up the webviewer. (you cant run that on iphone or pad.

so i have the aver iviewer app, are you saying there is more than 1 app?

the iviewer app works, but images are ass. I dont know if it's low qual cams or if it's the dvr but I could never use it to show anyone