JamesBonham

IP8332 Install help please

Hi there.

New to this forum so hello all

I have recently installed a nice CCTV system at a new build.

Contains 6x IP8332 VIVOTEK camera's and nice 8 POE Switch and a very powerfull PC to handle the camera's.

Before the house was done i managed to get 4 cameras loaded and working perfectly fine recording motion and the like.

But Since the house is done and i have added the last two camera's i have had an issue.

Only one of the cameras is working, and i cant get the Installation Wizard 2 to work.

I start it up and it informs me that there is no internet (fine becase there is not) and that it will manual set up.

SO then it closes the page and then a box pops up saying:

DRM FAILER...

I click ok and the box vanished and nothing...

So im at the point that i cant set the IP of the other 5 cameras and check the connections because i cant get IW2 to work.

Without it i cant get the cameras in the program to use them.

Does anyone have any experiance with this software? its kind of useless at the moment.

Or is there any other software that i can use?

many thanks

james

Default network setting for the IP8332 should be to get an IP address through DHCP (if that's how your LAN is set up).

Go into your router interface and check the attached devices, the cameras should be there.

Then connect to each camera with IE and configure the cams for fixed ip addresses. Since there are just 6 cams, this shouldn't be too tedious.

hth

Hi there.

Thankyou for the quick replys to my problem!

If i was actually able tp find them in my routers interface (of it has one?) and or i use the program to find the Ip's will i just simply be able to use the VIVOTEK software and input the Ip's and it detect them? If im on the right track it just needs the IP to find it?

I will give it a go when i get back to the site where the cameras are

will report back within the next 72 hours.

So im at the point that i cant set the IP of the other 5 cameras and check the connections because i cant get IW2 to work.

So Vivotek's configuraiton software refuses to work unless it can "phone home" over the Internet? How annoying!!

The good news is you don't need to use any special software to set up an IP8332 camera - just assign each one a unique (and fixed) IP address via your DHCP server and then connect to each one with a web browser. Hopefully your NVR software isn't also going to insist on "phoning home" before it will work...

So Vivotek's configuraiton software refuses to work unless it can "phone home" over the Internet? How annoying!!

The good news is you don't need to use any special software to set up an IP8332 camera - just assign each one a unique (and fixed) IP address via your DHCP server and then connect to each one with a web browser. Hopefully your NVR software isn't also going to insist on "phoning home" before it will work...

The bold part ... what?

That's completely and utterly incorrect. I've set up hundreds of Vivoteks using the IPwizard without a net connection.

If i was actually able tp find them in my routers interface (of it has one?) and or i use the program to find the Ip's will i just simply be able to use the VIVOTEK software and input the Ip's and it detect them? If im on the right track it just needs the IP to find it?

Correct. You should also set a password for the "root" id on the cameras, and your NVR software will need that id/password info if you set a password for the "root" id.

I've set up hundreds of Vivoteks using the IPwizard without a net connection.

OK, so then how do you explain the OP's "DRM failure" dialog?

Im on my way over to the location of the cctv setup now. WIll report back my progress.

Im takeing a Wifi Dongle so i can tether my mobile with the pc for the internet will see if it fixes the problem.

if not then its the Other thing i shall do that has been said

Hello people.

Its all sorted now.

The problem i was faced with was the fact the PC had set its ip to 169.168.137.1 / 255.255.0.0

The SMC Router im useing is 192.168.2.10

So i forced the PC to an IP of 192.168.2.50 / 255.255.255.0

This seems to have solved the DRM fail notice and works.

One issue i have found is that the Cameras seem to change there IP even though i have set them to a specific IP in each cameras settings.... I will pop back tomorrow and resstart the PC and see if it boots up fine with the correct IP's.

i must thank you all for the help given

Hello people.

Its all sorted now.

The problem i was faced with was the fact the PC had set its ip to 169.168.137.1 / 255.255.0.0

The SMC Router im useing is 192.168.2.10

So i forced the PC to an IP of 192.168.2.50 / 255.255.255.0

This seems to have solved the DRM fail notice and works.

One issue i have found is that the Cameras seem to change there IP even though i have set them to a specific IP in each cameras settings.... I will pop back tomorrow and resstart the PC and see if it boots up fine with the correct IP's.

i must thank you all for the help given

Make sure you hit apply and save and stuff after setting the IPs.