bigD

how do you hide it from the wife?

how do you guys install a complete CCTV system in your home without your wife knowing about it or asking where that 2000$ went that was in the account? I know there are "covert" cameras disguised as smoke detectors and clocks and stuff, are these any good? or are they decent enough for checking up on the wife or watching a babysitter? I was thinking about mounting some better cameras inside the vents for the air conditioner, but don't know how good the view would be. anyone have any links to some good hidden camera options?

thanks!

sorry I should have been more specific, our marriage is great and I am in the military, I would like to be able to log on to the net and see whats happening at home, watch my kid playing, etc. it would make me feel a lot closer while I am deployed elsewhere. and if she knew it was there she wouldn't be herself, I guess its hard to explain, maybe Im a wierdo. also I want to keep an eye on babysitters too.

yea, right. covert is covert for a reason.......you wanna cacth someone. excluding your Wife means what? explain that one again? I'm a retired USMC and what you are doing is obvious to us and most likely if you "think" you can't trust her, hire a PI with the cash while your gone. Your excluding her for a reason......

Best way to hide "it" is to sell her on a 4 camera sytem and go 8...........hide 4 and display 4............but remember, when you get caught, and you will, she will have a very good reason to call your 1st Sgt and tell him that your are HISTORY.......and then my friend you'll have nothing but stories.

If your marriage is strong, trust and include or you will be sorry.

No to worry, I will keep you wife company and out of trouble.

This thread is worthless w/o pics eh

you guys can think what you want, but how bout some links to some decent hidden cameras?

GE has some motion detector cameras, which are real sentrol electronics, you can use them as an alarm motion detector, plus tie the video into the DVR ... Ive put these up in a house down here, plus we added some Louroe ceiling mount mics that look like heat detectors. ... they catch everything

If you need product numbers send me a PM ..

Rory

hey man i deal with this stuff all the time. I sell all kind of hidden cameras and covert and stuff like that. Give me a call during the week and I will get you what you need.

Actually surprised to see you guys take the mickey outa that guy...dude if you want to check up on your wife, then the simplest thing to get is a very cheap standalone device, you can buy pinhole cameras from almost any spyshop in the world, do a search for "spy" and "cameras" in google and you will get tuns of results.

The thing is spy cams are small, they also are cheap and they are crapola under low light, my suggestion is put in a fake alram system or even a real one, use PIR cams and feed it to the cieling with a strandalone, make sure you have it connected to your internet and watch it remotely.

Guys are right though, sometimes it's better not to know, but I was in the military for many years and I know what soldiers do with soldiers wives.