RedVenom

Weird image colors

Hi there,

Today i walked into this problem, i was replacing a few camera's and the new camera's where giving fluorescent images.

I tried it with new lens but still the same colors....

Now i'm back at the office and used the same setup as the one from my costumer, the camera with lens here are giving no weird colors or strange fluorescent images.

Does any one have a clue what this could be.

I'm using a Topica WD607 camera.

1/3"Sony Super HAD CCD

600TVL

There are 4 switches on the backside

AES

BLC

FL

AGC

When i use AES the whole image gets over exposed en turns blurry white.

When is use BLC the camera filters the strong light away and makes the images a little bit nicer.

FL = Flickerless, doesn't do anything

AGC doesn't do anything.

As you can see on the picture i took, the white floor is blue, and the washing cabinet used to be white and now it is blue, also the hand seizures are RVS metal and on the picture it is yellow.

I hope someone can help me with this.

picture.jpg.702b1f5f86eab364e2bec1950012d156.jpg

I get that with a couple cameras sometimes, but not like that- not that bad. It's small spots of odd color being picked up, usually from something multicolor itself. As if it's too color complicated to sort it out just right. The only common denomiator is the cameras are not TDN cameras, having no ICR filters. Are yours TDN cameras?

Hi RedVenom.

What is the warehouse using for lighting? I think Shockwave is on the right path with the filter question. I had similar effects when I removed the IR cut filter from a colour camera. It didn't like the fluro lighting - everything had a blueish tint.

hi. not much adjustment on those cameras (dip switch) but looking at your image posted you have mounted your camera in a dark location. ?

if you look at your camera and bottom right of the lens you will see a sensor with mounting your camera in a dark place your filter will move. your camera thinks its dark but your looking at light image.

move your camera so as the sensor is not switching over.

It seems like a problem of cheap color "infrared" camera, i.e. color camera without IR cut filter. If scene of such cameras is illuminated by a light source with high IR component (incandescent lamp) then colors of such cameras will be distorted. But in case of using light source without IR component (luminescent lamp, discharge lamp, etc), the colors should be good.

If your warehouse is illuminated by incandescent lamps, to avoid such color distortion don't use color camera without IR cut filter. Use color cameras with IR cut filter or (if you use also IR illumination) - use True Day/Night or Black/White cameras. Or accept such color distortions.

I get that with a couple cameras sometimes, but not like that- not that bad. It's small spots of odd color being picked up, usually from something multicolor itself. As if it's too color complicated to sort it out just right. The only common denomiator is the cameras are not TDN cameras, having no ICR filters. Are yours TDN cameras?

No they are not TDN

Do the cameras have OSD & setup ? If so try adjusting the colour saturation

The camera doesn't have OSD, only a 4 switches on the backside.

Hi RedVenom.

What is the warehouse using for lighting? I think Shockwave is on the right path with the filter question. I had similar effects when I removed the IR cut filter from a colour camera. It didn't like the fluro lighting - everything had a blueish tint.

The warehouse uses tubular lighting, i don't know how much ....K the tubular light's are.

But the floor is verry shiny, I also think it's a cheap camera witch can't handle the light environment.

hi. not much adjustment on those cameras (dip switch) but looking at your image posted you have mounted your camera in a dark location. ?

if you look at your camera and bottom right of the lens you will see a sensor with mounting your camera in a dark place your filter will move. your camera thinks its dark but your looking at light image.

move your camera so as the sensor is not switching over.

The camera is mounted in a corner but normaly there is enough light in that corner, when i took a picture i was standing right next to the camera on a aircraft stairs so the camera image was a little bit darker than it is used to be. The image when i'm not next to the camera is showing even more blue stripes on the image.

It seems like a problem of cheap color "infrared" camera, i.e. color camera without IR cut filter. If scene of such cameras is illuminated by a light source with high IR component (incandescent lamp) then colors of such cameras will be distorted. But in case of using light source without IR component (luminescent lamp, discharge lamp, etc), the colors should be good.

If your warehouse is illuminated by incandescent lamps, to avoid such color distortion don't use color camera without IR cut filter. Use color cameras with IR cut filter or (if you use also IR illumination) - use True Day/Night or Black/White cameras. Or accept such color distortions.

I agree with "It seems like a problem of cheap color "infrared" camera" my collegue has forgotten a few important things when he ordered the camera's.