bass1176

Sifting thru the chinese makes on ebay is tough help

Ive been spending night after night looking for a real D! 30fps 4ch and 8ch dvr. They all claim to be and when you read the fine print its either 2 channel on d1 and 6 channels on cif or d1 viewing not recording. All scams and got stuck with a garbage dvr for 150 bucks. Can someone please recommend a true d1 30fps that runs these specs here not in europe, thats another scam with the pal and ntcs.

Also what processor I can serch for that accommodate these recordings, same with brands and same with good chinese makes on ebay. All for cheap of course. As anyone else I want the best for the cheapest, so name brand is not necessarily what im looking for. But please guide.

Been reading about the speco bit no one has specs online for this model.

Thanks for any help

Hi. bass1176. first is you dont need anything like 30fps max you need is 15fps and you cant see much differance if you go 7fps.

you can take the chance with ebay if you you are looking for a very cheap system. but things to look out for are cost of a H/drive (not all have them) then if you dont want support or a place to return it if it only lasts a week

if you have a low budget why not go for a used system (brand name) take a look at this site.

Hello Tom, thanks for your reply, yes a used brand name sounds awesome, and Ive been trying to hunt for some, alot of them are outdated and you start wondering if the new chinese knock offs are better then the outated brand, but everything is on the table here. It is a tough tough job searching for a quality DVR without going over $300-500, sometimes Iam searching for less.

I have purchased one off ebay and cant find it again, the thing was really good and for a good price, I remember the ebayr advertising its processor and guaranteed it was a 30fps at d1.

So another question is and it might be a good idea to others who are searching, are there known processors thatI can throw in the search on ebay to pick up those dvrs.

Also if a machine does 25fps cif can I choose to change that to 15fps D1, is that an option on these chinese machines running linux.

A sticky with how to find a D1 30fps, this seems to be what everyone wants.

Same with the best night camera questions:)

Thanks again will check out that site right now.

hi. the problem with ebay is everyone wants to sell there equipment. but you have to learn what to look out for.

I have purchased one off ebay and cant find it again, the thing was really good and for a good price, I remember the ebayr advertising its processor and guaranteed it was a 30fps at d1.

there is no way you will get a budget DVR @ D1 30fps.. so what do you look at in the spec

30fps is the key fps also stands for FIELDS per second. which is the same as IPS and you see this on cheap systems field and images you need 2 to make a frame so your ebay dvr is only 15fps. now thats just the first problem ebay sellers will only tell you the viewing res i.e D1 @ 30fps that is just watching your monitor they dont list the recording res which could be just Cif.

the other problem is they never tell you if it is across all channels or just the first. giving you 1 at D1 the rest at Cif ...... so your paying $400 for cheap crap no warranty.

all the above and another BIG problem is getting your footage off in a good format. then with some you need software to view (thats stone age)

Yea its really tough the one I got is exactly that D1 on 2 channels at 30fps and cif on the rest of the channels, I think I should be happy if its even d1 30fps on the first two.

So any recommendation for a good real D1 at 30fps on 8 channels for 300-500?

The new cscam now is every ebayer is using the word real and D1 in their title so you cant even search for that.

Well I found out the processor was a texas instrument and I finally found a real D1 30fps 8ch for $619. Good to know its out there but need it cheaper. This is a no name but with the texas instrument which is now American standard Chip.

Why are you sifting through ebay at all for a DVR???

Buy from a legit source and you will encounter less false marketing.

Real to me is anywhere from 25-30fps at d1 resolution on all channels of a dvr. I may have this wrong but thats good enough for me.

I like ebay for their competitive prices its a large market and can get prices on many things, just dvr shopping there is tough. You also learn a lot as you browse thru the items and reading thru the fine prints things such as real cif.

So can anyone recommend a good DVR that records D1 at 25 to 30fps on all 8ch thats cheaper then 600. Iam getting closer:)

So can anyone recommend a good DVR that records D1 at 25 to 30fps on all 8ch thats cheaper then 600. Iam getting closer:)

try ebay . listen ebay is your call you cant ask someone else to recommend crap

you will not even listen about 30fps ....... you only need 15 max. we dont use 30 in the industry it justs wastes hard drive space

try ebay . listen ebay is your call you cant ask someone else to recommend crap

you will not even listen about 30fps ....... you only need 15 max. we dont use 30 in the industry it justs wastes hard drive space

I mentioned I didnt mind ebay as you can find crap and good and its an open market, that doesnt mean I was blanking out all other options, its just there are few to none that were provided, rory just guided me and I will look into this name. A lot of the crap on ebay can do 15 fps at D1 problem is they advertise it as 30fps so you deal plenty of dishonesty, if ebay wasnt crap I wouldnt be here asking for advise but you can find the pelcos and ciscos as well, cant really judge ebay as its not just one seller.

Real to me is anywhere from 25-30fps at d1 resolution on all channels of a dvr. I may have this wrong but thats good enough for me.

"Good enough" - that's the maximum you can get with analog, one would hope it's "good enough". And like Tom says, it's overkill most of the time.

First off, your screen name. May I assume that you play bass and use an 1176? LOL! If you like the 1176, try on a 6176 for size. Incredible strip that gives a TON of mileage! I use it on vocals all the time. But anyway...

Yea its really tough the one I got is exactly that D1 on 2 channels at 30fps and cif on the rest of the channels, I think I should be happy if its even d1 30fps on the first two.

http://q-see.com/products/security-product.php?ProductId=297

I have that one and I like it a bunch. D1 30fps on the first two channels, hd1 on the rest at varying fps. Works for me. YMMV. I think Nelly's would be a great place because of the support before, during, and after the purchase. Qsee will support you, but it's hit and miss as far as how much, and how fast. But I sure do like the 408 if 8 channels floats your boat.

shok, I used to bass fish all the time:)

I dont mind 7 fps as long as its at D1 Resolution. Some dont give you that option to pick higher resolution at lower frame rate.

A bad system running at CIF combined with poor cameras and your better off just getting a watch dog:)

Check this model out, this is the one that uses the "texas instruments processor" ( for whats thats worth), but its not within my budget. But I think this is the real deal for a no name. Anyone knows of this type?

http://www.securitycameraking.com/8-channel-ultimate-mini-series-59081-prd1.html

This would be nice for $400

Thanks for all your input checking out the q see now.

They swore it was a 30fps machine at d1, so the one from security king is also 7fps? And the same as the first link for $289? Thank you for all this info guys, I was going to make another wrong dive.

I wonder why would security king tell me its real 30fps at d1 if its only 7fps.

I wonder why would security king tell me its real 30fps at d1 if its only 7fps

that one is 30fps but as you said you cant afford it.

this is the
7fps unit of the one you have listed
. they are dahua dvr.

like i said this is the 7fps unit. or you could ask Sean for his price of the 30fps unit

Oh gotcha, yea I had this in 4 channels years ago the thing produces superb pictures, I was trying to hunt it down again. Now I know I can get this or the 7fp for cheaper. I appreciate identifying these machines for me guys thanks a lot. Iam assuming sean is Nellys site right? Its not listed on their site but will email. Thanks again for the support.

Edited by Guest

Oh gotcha, yea I had this in 4 channels years ago the thing produces superb pictures, I was trying to hunt it down again. Now I know I can get this or the 7fp for cheaper. I appreciate identifying these machines for me guys thanks a lot. Iam assuming sean is Nellys site right? Its not listed on their site but will email. Thanks ago for the support.

The US distributors are just starting to get those in stock now so they wont be listed everywhere yet. They cost more than the regular units due to the full D1 each channel, and can hold 2 HDD.

dh-hfa-rear.thumb.png.24a0abda517208172bf081fd60453257.png

I think this is probably the best machine out for the price. Would be great for $550 with a HD installed. Making the machine to average around $400. Very nice price for a good quality 8ch 600 with Hd installed wouldnt be bad right now either.

How are the American chips making it into these machines? Would you know Rory? I guess theyre importing the chips to china especially for this DVR.

I thought it was American Instruments chip but found out its a nexchip chip, the TI was used on other models.

I just ordered from sean very pleasant to deal with and had the best price. I got the 8ch 7fps one that was mentioned above as they were the same as the Camera kings.

They probably make the TI chips in Asia anyway

Like the iPhone ... all made in Asia LOL.

Rorry tech question on this dvr I just purchased, I understand each channel is adjustable but can all do 7fps at once.

Can I make 4 channels at 14 and the other 4 at 3 fps? not necessarily in this configuration but can I take spread the frames around as such. Some cameras which will be a door camera hardly needs any FPS, so can I utilize this channels power else where? Are they that flexible? Thanks.