Zohan

Quick question about switches

Oh yeah, Verizon Fios. I heard thats killer fast. Fiber Optics all the way up to the house from what I understand.

Verizon refers to it internally as FTTP (Fiber to the Premise). When I bought my house, one of my requirements for purchasing was either Cable or Fios.. I do a lot of work from home and it is awesome to have. I've had it three years and I've only had one outage that lasted 12 hours.

Man, all you guys with your fast speeds! Take a look at mine...

183127_1.png

I reeeeally wish Verizon FIOS was available here! With the amount I download/upload (ahem torrents...) I am constantly maxing out my connection in BOTH directions.

Lol.....

That is something i know, but you're the first to come out and say it.

I just like to eliminate as many potential hassles as i can before they become a problem....

What do you think about that switch?

Im asking because my supplier said they had problems with those, of course he was trying to sell me something more expensive...

If you can briefly explain to me how i know what a good backplane is and where to look in the specs ill take it from there....

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day...teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime

When I'm looking for something like a switch, I search Newegg and Amazon for stuff in my price range with lots of very good reviews (4 star and above), and read the reviews to see if the negatives are something I care about.

This switch doesn't have a ton of reviews, but they're mostly very good on both sites. I'd buy this one if it met my POE power needs, and would expect good results from it.

thank you...i also do that, just wasnt sure of the backplane...im not even sure how to look at the specs for that but it's something i've heard a couple of times