Sign in to follow this  
Megapixelman

Sale of ExacqVision !!!!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is happening with ExacqVision and American Dynamics... I have heard they are selling up to them in the near future.

Can anyone confirm this or have anymore information as this will effect Distribution of the products worldwide once tyco buys it.

Thanks

MM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is happening with ExacqVision and American Dynamics... I have heard they are selling up to them in the near future.

Can anyone confirm this or have anymore information as this will effect Distribution of the products worldwide once tyco buys it.

Thanks

MM

I personally hope that they will buy Exacq

I'm not to impressed with American Dynamics equipment, but I've never even looked at their IP line up. Mainly because it was so late to the game and the intellex's are simply overpriced and obsolete at this point. Their focus has always been on the access side it seems. Net client is a nightmare to use if you want to bring up past incidences.

To be fair, we have thousands of intellex's and analog cameras in the field, have always been very solid, but have had zero reason to use them in the past 4-5 years. Everything out there now simply outclasses them, maybe buying ExacqVision will turn them back around.

Thats why thay are looking to buy a VMS as they are late into the game and it is too hard to start this late.... I guess time will tell and we will see what happens in the next few months.

MM