jeffreyhel

Gas Station Install

I have a client that wants a new CCTV system in his sonoco gas station. The station has an old building with an office and three bays and some 30 feet away there are <10 year old pumps with the awning. I figure that as long as I stay attached or in the old building for mounting camera I will not have to worry about explosion proofing anything. If I have to use cameras at the pumps then I would. Am I right in this and under what circumstances would I need other things and what they are. thanks in advance. jeff

We have systems in at least 50 gas stations, 99.9% of the cameras are mounted to the main building (food marts, etc.) and facing the pump islands. You need good quality cameras to be aimed at the pumps, varifocal lenses zoomed to your likings or at least where you can make a plate out on a vehicle in case of a drive off.

Also, many gas stations use a Gilbarco POS terminal/pump controller. Does your customer wish to have text overlay or a database of the transaction data as part of the DVR system? Our customers use it.

scott

Also, many gas stations use a Gilbarco POS terminal/pump controller. Does your customer wish to have text overlay or a database of the transaction data as part of the DVR system? Our customers use it.

scott

how do you integrate that and what type of dvr do you use for them?

There are many brands of DVR's out on the market that will give you rhis capability. Your budget is going to primarily determine what options you choose. If you go with a PC based, the GeoVision works very well with the Gilbarco POS. If you are looking for less feature rich machines you could use a standalone model (embedded DVR). There are so many brands to choose from with Embedded that I wouldn't honestly know what direction to point you in. There are many guys on this forum that use those primarily and can probably offer you some examples.

scottj

Honestly, you don't want I-VIEW for a POS application, they don't have an actual hardware box, but something more like a .dll file, that the POS software vendor must write into the POS software.

The nicest dvr I've come across for POS capture is March networks, plus, if you are using a gilbarco, they now have a gilbarco protocol out. Plus a benefit of the March's is that those things are Rock solid.