Sign in to follow this  
smokingjoe

NV3000 stopped recording

Hi everyone. Having trouble with a nv3000. It is about 2 years old and been working fine. The other day I went in to search for some recorded video and found that my DVR had stopped recording. There is a flashing red message at the bottom right of my screen that says FREE SPACE = 669.16GB. When I try to record manually it records for about 2 seconds and a window pops up that says (WARNING!!! Free space is to low, please try to remove some unnecessary files!!!). I had it set up to record over files after 14 days. I changed this setting to record over files after 2 days but it did not help. Was wondering if anyone has any idea how to fix this problem.

PS I check the saved video files I have stored on the HDD, 2.1GB.

Thanks Smoking Joe

PS I check the saved video files I have stored on the HDD, 2.1GB.

2.1gb ???

sounds like your dvr has lost or someone has altered the path.

go into setting then click system then top left you will see a list of hard drives to be used by your dvr.

can you list what you have there ???

Thanks for the reply. I did get it to start recording but I am not sure if it is back 100%. I went to system and found the list of hard drives.

Folder Name-----Free Space-----Disk Space(Used)------Status

E:\STORAGE------203.50G------- 203.50G(0.01G)-------Error

F:\STOEAGE---------465.54G------465.76G(0.12G)------Error

I right clicked on the F:Storage and when I clicked off of it the ERROR went away. Now is says NORMAL under Status. But I can't get the E:\STORAGE to do the same. It still says ERROR. I checked and now it is recording. Maybe this is normal?

Thanks for the reply. I did get it to start recording but I am not sure if it is back 100%. I went to system and found the list of hard drives.

Folder Name-----Free Space-----Disk Space(Used)------Status E:\STORAGE 203.50G 203.50G(0.01G) Error

F:\STOEAGE 465.54G 465.76G(0.12G) Error

I right clicked on the F:Storage and when I clicked off of it the ERROR went away. Now is says NORMAL under Status. But I can't get the E:\STORAGE to do the same. It still says ERROR. I checked and now it is recording. Maybe this is normal?

hi. at least you know your way around your system ...... not many know about the right click to fix Error.

what you have is a bad sector as it writes.... if it happends again just do a format and you should be ok.

hi. do you record to all drives or just 1 ....

yes the right mouse click does alot of things not in the manual. net time you go into system click alarms then click add alarm then on the options on the left click your right button you will see a lot of options

in 1 window it will ask you to pick a camera then it will ask you to click snap shot. it then stores that image and say if its your garden it will show you footage of anything that has been moved or added by the system matching your snap shot to what has changed ..... also face finder ...... take images of everyone who comes to your property.

Sounds like this thing has a lot more bells and whistles than I thought.

Not sure if I am recording to all drives or not. How would I find out?

Sounds like this thing has a lot more bells and whistles than I thought.

Not sure if I am recording to all drives or not. How would I find out?

it looks like you have two H/drives. 1 will be your drive for the pc and the other for dvr. (the one for pc should not be in the system folder.)

come out of DVR then go to computer and see which is the main H/D letter . then restart DVR back to system and delete that drive

You are a genius!! I deleted the E storage and then re-added it. Now both E and F have normal Status.

Thanks so much.

I am going to play around with this face finder option. That sounds pretty neat.

Thanks again