rwx

QC444 Admin Password Reset

I just rec'd the QC444, and cannot log into the Admin account -- tried admin/admin, but I got "invalid password". I have been working with tech support a q-see.com, but they don't seem to know how to reset the admin account.

Any suggestions???

The other question is, do I really need the admin rights, if I have the "local" admin rights (888888 account)? I cannot see from the manual that there is any difference.

If it's a new product, send back for a replacement. You shouldn't have to deal with that. Don't know what you mean about local admin rights. Ultimately you want to be the admin of the dvr of course. Not a user, but the admin.

In the appendix of the user manual it states:

18. Forgot local menu operation password or network password

a. Contact Q-See tech support and we can generate a new password for the unit.

Link: http://q-see.com/files/manuals/QC444%20Manualv1_web.pdf

If you have the local admin account though (888888 / 888888), then you should be able to change, add, delete usernames and passwords at will.

See here on how to change & activate passwords: http://q-see.com/files/HowToFiles/C-Activating%20and%20Changing%20Passwords.pdf

Thanks guys, I have been working with the Q-See tech service -- the guy first gave me a 14 character password, which I tried but know would not work since the password space stopped loading characters at 6. He finally found an 6 character one, but it did not work either. I'm still working with them.

Since they did ask for a serial number I assumed that any temporary password they sent would be generic, and someone would have experience with the problem.

New.

First thing Q-see tech should have told you is admin admin is ONLY via network ..... from the unit it is username 888888 and password is 888888

if you have changed your passwords (local) then you can alter if you go in via network with admin admin

That makes sense, but the manual sure does not indicate this. I have noticed admin/admin works with PSS.

That makes sense, but the manual sure does not indicate this. I have noticed admin/admin works with PSS.

yes admin admin is only via network. you cant use it on the dvr. username 888888 password 888888 direct from DVR for admin rights and 666666 for normal user.

I went back to the QSee website, and re-entered my problem. This time I got someone who knew what he was doing. He gave me a 6 digit number that was only good today, and it worked on the DVR for the admin account. I went and changed the admin password, and it works like it should.

Obviously the codes are generated based on the date, but no one told me to make sure the date was right.