myplace46

Up date on Pendant dome for my Toshiba

Some of you may remember a couple months back when I was looking for a pendant dome that I could use with my newly

purchased PTZ dome cam. Well I finally got it all together, installed and working nicely. I can see quite nicely down the street foe a good block in each direction plus scan my yard and driveway. even managed to put up some lighting to aid the night vision a little.

Thought yo might like to see what it looks like for now, I do plan on painting it.

John

181437_1.jpg

nice and neat job John. like the idea of turning it into a mail box ......... make a good living selling your pole on ebay.

we have a big job in a week or so in manchester 32 ptz cameras and a pole not far of yours is £700 is needed for each camera. ( how much to ship to UK)

nice and neat job John. like the idea of turning it into a mail box ......... make a good living selling your pole on ebay.

we have a big job in a week or so in manchester 32 ptz cameras and a pole not far of yours is £700 is needed for each camera. ( how much to ship to UK)

Ha, Thanks Tom. I have about $20 in the pole and fittings. Just started out with 4' PVC pipe filled it up with concrete to the first joint. Makes

for a sturdy post. Of course I ran a 3/4' pipe down the inside to run my wiring through. I have no patten on this so you're more that welcome to copy it if you wish.

The little ceder box behind the mail box also holds a mini cam with a view of the front of the house.

Cheers,

Tom, didn't know if you knew about these guys http://www.domes.co.uk/en/item?c=2 for housings and poles for external PTZ's

Tom, didn't know if you knew about these guys http://www.domes.co.uk/en/item?c=2 for housings and poles for external PTZ's

Hi. SDM thanks for the link. not contacted them i will do to see price. we have been using these for a few years. http://www.altron.co.uk/ornate_poles_view.html but we are starting to think about having are own made or import as products like this in the uk are getting expensive.

a company in virginia can ship to here cheaper small family buisness .. which is another option

That looks really slick, nice work!

Next step is to wire a switch or sensor into your mailbox so when someone opens it, it triggers a preset on the PTZ to zoom in on whoever is going in the mailbox... just in case someone's stealing your Victoria's Secret Catalog subscription

Hey Soundy,

thanks for the complement.

Already have that covered with another cam that stays focused on the mail box, mounted on the eves of my garage.

Looks cool, but I'm not all too sure I'd get away with something so close to the road in these parts. Gotta be some kind of code on that one here. Really cool install though!

Looks cool, but I'm not all too sure I'd get away with something so close to the road in these parts. Gotta be some kind of code on that one here. Really cool install though!

Hey Shock,

It might be here too... I have a tendency to do these things and plead ignorance if I get caught.

However, its part of the mail box, and that has to be where it is so, hopefully it won't be a problem.

LOL! You're biggest worry would be an uptight neighbor. Nothing really gets noticed until one prick decides THEY are gonna rule the block, or people just complain about possible privacy infringement. Paint it quickly so it doesn't stick out. Good luck. Really slick that is.

LOL! You're biggest worry would be an uptight neighbor. Nothing really gets noticed until one prick decides THEY are gonna rule the block, or people just complain about possible privacy infringement. Paint it quickly so it doesn't stick out. Good luck. Really slick that is.

Yeah, you're right. So far I have gotten a lot of strange looks from people going by but, no problems yet.