I have the Hardware Requirements Document for Ocularis V2.0 and it appears the clients will run on Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate 32 or 64Bit but the Server and RC-P only mention Windows Server 2003-2008. Can you even buy 2003-2008 server anymore?

3 messages into ONSSI and no call backs. Working with ADI I finally got this document and it's all that it says it supports. Is ONSSI that far behind?

Guess I'll have to locate 2008 Server since I need a XEON Quad core with 4GB of RAM! Seems like this is a supercomputer for 16 cameras. Don't ask it's an RFQ I'm working on and all I was told was a computer that will run ONSSI! I've never used ONSSI in my life so I'm forced to figure out what hardware and OS I need for a 7FPS 90 day retention.

I would run away from this project as fast as you can. From my dealings with OnSSI it is very buggy and needs huge processing power to work reliably.

Also all of the customers that I talk to that currently have OnSSI are way to interested in jumping ship.

Im also surprised that they are letting you sell OnSSI without going to certification class. When I talked to them they would not let me have a demo copy until I went to training. I told them if I HAD to go to a training class to learn how to install their software I wasn't interested.

I'm not the one who has been trained and certified. The customer whom is requesting the server is. They will be installing ONSSI. I called the customer this evening and said are you serious??? THis software required a server this size? He says ya the last one they built was a quad core.

I told him I could offer a system half the cost that was better than this offering but they insisted on sticking with what they were trained and certified on.

I'm glad I'm not the one messing with it. But I still need to find the hardware and software for it. I ran into the same support issue.

Is it really not supported on anything other than server 2003 and 2008? Man they are behind times...

Keep me posted I am very curious to hear how this goes.

We installed a 200 channel Avigilon system for a customer and one of their other locations went with OnSSI. We installed our system in 3 weeks and we haven't had any issues. The OnSSI site had 30 - 40 cameras and it took them over 3 months to get it working and they told me they are still having issues.

To be fair I don't know if the integrator didn't know what they doing or if they had issues with the software.

It's nice to see MFG's monitor this forum from time to time. I received a call within days of this post from ONSII answering all my questions and today received a follow up message stating that they have updated the documentation.

Much Appreciated " title="Applause" />

FYI the current version for Microsoft Server is 2008.

Historically Server doesnt change that often.

It was NT, 2000, 2003, now 2008.

Been released for a while now man. They got a home server 2011 that was released in March 2011 and they have a small business server 2011 as well.

It's nice to see MFG's monitor this forum from time to time. I received a call within days of this post from ONSII answering all my questions and today received a follow up message stating that they have updated the documentation.

Much Appreciated " title="Applause" />

Well I won't say anything outright bad about them then... but we've been running into similar scenarios thewireguys posted above.

It's cheap and available to any company out there at ADI. The problem with any company being able to sell it is you never know if you're getting an expert or a random hack, which I'm sure contributes to a lot of ONSII customers asking us to switch the system out with something else a year later (once their warranty runs out).

I've never personally used the software so I can't speak to how well it actually works, we only get called in to replace botched systems. There might be millions out there with happy customers running perfectly for all I know.

Been released for a while now man. They got a home server 2011 that was released in March 2011 and they have a small business server 2011 as well.

I will say it again.

The current version of Windows Server for Enterprise and basic is 2008.

What does Home server and Small business have to do with that statement?

FYI - A trial version of Ocularis CS is available to anyone on the OnSSI downloads page (http://www.onssi.com/support/downloads). Check it out yourself.

The recommended specs for devices in an Ocularis (OnSSI) application are:

OCULARIS BASE - CPU: Intel® Xeon®, (Dual Core or better recommended) or Intel® Core™ i5 or better (if running on a workstation); Operating System: Windows® 7, Windows® Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 (32-bit or 64-bit).

RECORDER (Except RC-E) - CPU: Dual Core Intel Xeon (Quad Core recommended) or Intel® Core™ i5 or better (if running on a workstation); Operating System: Windows® Server 2003 (32 & 64 Bit), Windows® Server 2008 (32 & 64 Bit) or Windows® 7 (32 & 64 Bit) (if running on a workstation).

RC-E RECORDER - CPU: Dual Core Intel Xeon (Quad Core recommended) or Intel® Core™ i5 or better (if running on a workstation); Operating System: Windows® Server 2003 (32 & 64 Bit), Windows® Server 2008 (32 & 64 Bit) or Windows® 7 (32 & 64 Bit) (if running on a workstation).

Note: I am a technical trainer at OnSSI

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at mmajor at youknowwhere.com

Welcome ! Why would I want OnSSI? What do they do better then anyone else?

....everyone at OnSSI can pat their heads and rub their bellies at the same time?

Seriously though, this is a question outside of my area of expertise. Though I've worked with many VMS's, I certainly do not know all 30+ or so that are available, which precludes me from answering that question directly.

If you want, I can have one of our sales guys contact you and maybe they can shed more light on this subject....

I will say it again.

The current version of Windows Server for Enterprise and basic is 2008.

What does Home server and Small business have to do with that statement?

I missed this one....I'd like to know where enterprise was mentioned in your original statement. So my reply had everything to do with your statement but now that you added enterprise in your rebuttal then I guess my statement would be incorrect.

Water under the bridge. Either way I am not a fan of ONSII so I could care less anymore what it works with lol.

....everyone at OnSSI can pat their heads and rub their bellies at the same time?

Seriously though, this is a question outside of my area of expertise. Though I've worked with many VMS's, I certainly do not know all 30+ or so that are available, which precludes me from answering that question directly.

If you want, I can have one of our sales guys contact you and maybe they can shed more light on this subject....

That OK Marty

Avigilon rule the world

Reverse Michaels question - what does Avigilon do that no other VMS does?

Ohhhhh boy now you've started something

In terms of the list I'm sure AK could come up with I think we may find what the character limit is here and then again we may just need a very large shovel.

Either way I'm standing on the sidelines waiting and watching how this one will go!

Fanboys come in all shapes and sizes

Reverse Michaels question - what does Avigilon do that no other VMS does?

@Marty

3RDIGLBL is right

list can be very long but

for me personally

after doing this "stuff" for almost 15 years

it's first time in my life no customer calling me back with any ? or problems

product SIMPLY WORKS

and works GREAT !

24/7 FREE-TRUE Tech support if u ever need it

I never dealt with company who is well organised as Avigilon,

so far nothing but pleasure

do u want me to keep going

I missed this one....I'd like to know where enterprise was mentioned in your original statement. So my reply had everything to do with your statement but now that you added enterprise in your rebuttal then I guess my statement would be incorrect.

Water under the bridge. Either way I am not a fan of ONSII so I could care less anymore what it works with lol.

Note that I said "Basic" also. Home server and Small Business Server are not even considered real server platforms.

So as I said 2008 is the current version. I don't have a dog in this fight but you were criticizing ONSSI for not supporting any server version newer than 08 when that is in fact the current version.

Note that I said "Basic" also. Home server and Small Business Server are not even considered real server platforms.

So as I said 2008 is the current version. I don't have a dog in this fight but you were criticizing ONSSI for not supporting any server version newer than 08 when that is in fact the current version.

LOL! Whatever! Doesn't change my opinion about ONSII

Avigilon has three versions Core, Standard, and Enterprise. Its fairly obvious which one is the most basic and which is the most advanced right?

Now we go to OnSSI and what versions do they have? Hmm... PS, IS, CS, ES... WHAT????? Are you kidding me???

I'm watching the demo video. Seems quite "Overwhelming"

Avigilon has three versions Core, Standard, and Enterprise. Its fairly obvious which one is the most basic and which is the most advanced right?

Now we go to OnSSI and what versions do they have? Hmm... PS, IS, CS, ES... WHAT????? Are you kidding me???

Xellbuy u recently install and configure Avigilon your self first time in your life

without any special knowledge or experience

was it difficult ?

honest opinion plz

Avigilon is very intuitive... Avigilon Support staff was very friendly...

P.S: OnSSI, your version names need to be simplified (In my opinion). A customer shouldn't need an explanation on which version is the most simple and most advanced.... Why do some company's make confusing model numbers / version names?

Xellbuy u recently install and configure Avigilon your self first time in your life

without any special knowledge or experience

was it difficult ?

honest opinion plz