It might be worth trying a "T" type BNC connector at the TV, with a 75 Ohm terminator on it, I've found some TV's have a very high impedance input compared to standard CCTV gear, causing issues.

It might be worth trying a "T" type BNC connector at the TV, with a 75 Ohm terminator on it, I've found some TV's have a very high impedance input compared to standard CCTV gear, causing issues.

I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

I've tried 4 different TV's 3 HD LCD's and an old 32" CRT. all pretty much the same results.

Hey guys,

Well, 4 months later and I finally discovered why I was having such a problem with ghosting.

At least in cam 8. That was the one giving me the most problem. What was making it so hard to diagnose was that when I first put it up,

I was very happy with the IQ when zooming in. Then later when I came back to it, the IQ was lousy. Tried several different things but, never

any luck. Well... today I decided it was time to clean the spider webs of the lens as they were getting obvious in the image.

I took off the lower dome and took it into the house to clean. Then it hit me... I went to the monitor and zoomed in on a distant object.

The image was great! Then it dawned on me that when I first installed it, I made my first test run without the dome cover in place.

After I was happy with the way it was working, I then put the dome on. I took a bit of time cleaning up my tools and putting things away before going back inside.

By that time, I didn't make the connection between the poor IQ and putting the dome on. What a dummy! BTW, I believe the reason the dome makes such a difference

is because I'm using a 5 inch camera in an 8 inch dome. Apparently the extra distance between the lens and the curved dome lens is what's causing the problem.

I think I have the solution for it, something like this...192531_1.jpg

here is a sample of the difference IQ with and without the dome in place.

1. without dome. about 250 feet from camera.

192531_2.jpg

2. with dome.

192531_3.jpg

3. without dome, 200ft the other direction.

192531_1.jp

4. with dome.

p719599438-5.jpg[

5. without.

192531_4.jpg

So you can get an idea how far away these are, here's a zoomed out image

that shows target area in a red square.

mailbox 822

192531_5.jpg

mailbox 711

192531_6.jpg

for an analog camera, I'm fairly happy with the IQ without the dome, now to fix that.

((519))

Hey Shockwave,

Well... I took it down the other day to rework it a little. After the next rain it managed to get some water inside.

Don't know how, its still the same as it was on the outside but, anyway it quit working. If I open it up and twist the

camera loose from its base, then reconnect it, it comes on for a couple minuets then quits again.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.